Housing: Seasonal rentals, AirBNB and leases

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

My son found a great apartment, top of a house, for $800 but pays heat . It is not accessible. He worked hard to find a place that inexpensive.
It is cheaper than would be here, and significantly cheaper than toronto.

You pay more to live in Toronto but you get more by living in Toronto.

That's an idea, I would just need to have consistent work hours (or be able to work them). But I could stretch that far...and I am open to finding a quiet working or very studious roommate. There must be other women in a similar boat, I can imagine...separated/ divorced, maybe not professional incomes, trying to get back on their feet. How do I find them?

I think it's too much just for me. That would be hard to keep up with because there are booms and busts with contracts at my current workplace. Some months that would be way too much.

That's an idea, I would just need to have consistent work hours (or be able to work them). But I could stretch that far...and I am open to finding a quiet working or very studious roommate. There must be other women in a similar boat, I can imagine...separated/ divorced, maybe not professional incomes, trying to get back on their feet. How do I find them?

Student, at U Vic?

Student, at U Vic?
Post grad student maybe, or quiet foreign student. This is a college party town, for the locals though. It hasn't changed since I was younger, except now students sublet their messy bedrooms (just the way they left them) in shared spaces like this, for the summer (or sometimes just for a month), then move back in, because of the vacancy problem.

This one has been available for a month, edit: 2months - and it's nice. Great deal. I saw it on another ad site, too. But nobody wants it, I assume, because it's wireless free. And no laundry onsite. That is also a pain in the but with no car, especially. I too feel I need to be able to use my cell phone. And my computer is an iPad that was a gift. I don't even know if they can be hooked up to ethernet - if there's an adapter.

Garden Entry - Furnished 1 Bedroom

Last edited:
This one has been available for a month, edit: 2months - and it's nice. Great deal. I saw it on another ad site, too. But nobody wants it, I assume, because it's wireless free. And no laundry onsite. That is also a pain in the but with no car, especially. I too feel I need to be able to use my cell phone. And my computer is an iPad that was a gift. I don't even know if they can be hooked up to ethernet - if there's an adapter.

The same one. One more pic. Beautiful, beautiful location, and actually blocks from Uvic and shopping, etc.

Back