Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
If you are starting a new thread, you now have a text field for "tags". These is a place where you can basically add keywords describing the content (or at least intended content) of the thread. Other can then search for other, similar threads, by clicking on the relevant tag at the top of the thread. Tags can also be searched in the search function.

To be good tags, your keywords should be:
  • relevant (ie. actually describe what is in the thread)
  • specific (ie. don't tag every thread about "church" with "church", but use more specific tags like "worship" or "church services" or "missional church" or "potluck supper":D)
To add tags, type each keyword (you can use short phrases, but keep it short, e.g. I used "social media" as a tag on a thread I started) then end it with a comma. It will be turned into a "tag" once you type the comma. Repeat until you have added all the tags you think are relevant.

Using good, relevant, specific tags can help people navigate the site and find threads on topics that interest them so please use them.

See the tags on this thread for a sample.

Question: Can someone who is not an admin or mod see if there is an "edit" option next to the tags on a thread you started?

I know I can edit tags on threads, but that could just be my admin powers. I'm wondering if a thread starter retains the ability to edit the tags or if that is included in the 15 minute limit on self-editing posts.

Thanks for letting us know that Mendalla. Where can the text field for tagging be found? I didn't see it when I posted this morning. Thanks again.

Thanks for letting us know that Mendalla. Where can the text field for tagging be found? I didn't see it when I posted this morning. Thanks again.

It only appears on the first post of a new thread and should be at the bottom, below the edit box. I haven't checked to see if it is different on my droid, yet.

Reactions: Jae
Odd little note: no matter what order you enter them in, the tags get alphabetized by the software.

Mendalla said:
Odd little note: no matter what order you enter them in, the tags get alphabetized by the software.

Ahhhh yes the Tyranny of Alphabeticism. One of the last isms still free to impose its heirarchy.

What of Hu's and Lo' is ... versions as they look up stuff?

A triad of immersions compared to the monads ... after that something comes forthe ... as ghost on ... as imaginary if denied ... like awareness ... thus the imaginary nature of deep wells of knowledge and all that crap ...

Louis is a lesser power that toots the horn ... some like to assume this is a subtle power ... just Eire through a pipe ...

It is said the devil plays this too ... in GEO Gaia ... I cannot comment more as I don't know much more.

I'll keep digging ...

Nothing to see here. Just satisfying some personal curiosity.

And what does this do now?

Still unoccupied ... what Big Business has in mind for the labour force ... it is too expensive for the entitled ... granted they make piles ... different than mine ...

Does Hadassah disappear with the workforce i.e. the sacred marketplace? Something else forgotten in lack of balance ...

Actually, I was just checking forum software common reporting. To see if there is a last edited notation in light of an allegation made.

To do that I thought I would post to a thread. Wait around a bit and edit it to see it the post info reflected an edit had been made.

If it does, that does not show to me in my role as ordinary member with ordinary member privilege.

No way for me to explore that possibility without posting publicly.

I thought there was a "edited time" notation at the bottom of posts (important function, I think). @Mendalla, did this disappear?

Mendalla Edited this post to see something. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BetteTheRed said:
I thought there was a "edited time" notation at the bottom of posts (important function, I think). @Mendalla, did this disappear?

I thought the same thing. It may not have been a feature here. We did have, once upon a time, in one iteration of Wondercafe, a perennially editing poster who drove some of us nuts.

Currently the software has a timer in play for edits. I can edit my post X number of times but I only have Y number of minutes to make those edits in. I presume the time stamp corresponds with the most recent edit in that edit window and it does not indicate how many edits may have been made.

MENDALLA: Just checking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure but, as John points out, users can only edit their post for 15 minutes (I think that's what we set) after posting and Council members are supposed to include an annotation if they retrospectively edit a post so the edited time is not that big a deal. That said, most boards do show it and I thought we did, too. Maybe a setting that got changed in the upgrade and we just haven't noticed up until now.

Okay, so I edited @BetteTheRed's post and it now shows "Last edited by a moderator:" and how long ago. So I think that Xenforo does not show if the user edits their own post, but does if a mod or admin edits a user's post using their mod powers.

Last edited:
Mendalla said:
Okay, so I edited @BetteTheRed's post and it now shows "Last edited by a moderator:" and how long ago. So I think that Xenforo does not show if the user edits their own post, but does if a mod or admin edits a user's post using their mod powers.

And just to head things off at the pass. What if a Council member edits their own post? Any notation appear for that?

Back