What Legacy Does Trump Leave?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

Pirate fan since the dark ages
Pronouns
He/Him/His
As the time draws near for Joe Biden to be sworn in as the next U. S. President, and mr. Trump's term comes to an end, it's interesting to take stock of the way things are. What kind of legacy does Trump leave for the U. S. and for the world at large? How will Trump be remembered?

While I know some might like to write Trump off as a glitch or aberration, he is not. He is the logical outcome of the growing polarization of society and politics. You can see roots of it going back to the rise of the Christian Right under Reagan and the battles over the Clinton scandals, not to mention the Tea Party. And I think that is how he will go down in history, as a symptom of a much older, and more dangerous, disease in US politics and society. Sadly, that means he may also be remembered as the point where things really started to unravel. Yes, I am suggesting that it could still worse. I hope not, but the current fiasco does not exactly give me hope.

He's a reminder of how much narcissism exists in our society. The bar is so low with him that almost anyone seems more well adjusted and empathetic by comparison.

Admittedly, the cracks along racial lines and social classes have always been a part of American history. Yet other presidents have had the wherewithal to make things work and get things done despite the cracks-- LBJ's Great Society comes to mind. Mr Trump came to office with no real skill set to run the place. His go-to skills seemed to be bullying and intimidating, or bowing and scraping, neither of which served him particularly well. He was simply unprepared for the task at hand. His attempts to deflect attention away from the numerous calamities during his run served only to dig the holes deeper for him. His standing among world leaders sank like a brick. I think the incoming President, as well as coping with a pandemic and a teetering economy, will also be occupied for a long time cleaning up the mess caused by Trumps international policies and domestic decisions. I can recall reading somewhere, where the term of a less-than-successful football coach was referred to as a 'Reign of Error.' I think such a moniker would be appropriate for the Trump era as well.

He proofed how the masses can be manipulated through social media. He wasn’t smart enough to pull it through but it showed how fragile our democracies are. It showed how propaganda works. And nobody can say anymore that Hitler was a one time occurrence. With a smarter leadership, there is a good chance of history repeating itself, in a modern and scarier kind of way. ( Hitler could only use radio to spread his propaganda, the WWW now has a lot more possibilities).

He will be remembered for deteriorating relationships with traditional allies and bonds with dictators.
he will be remembered for North Korea visits.
he will be remembered for MAGA, I suspect that phrase will last for ever and eventually get into the dictionary if not there already.
he will be remembered for his orange glow, stupid long ties, smirky some, boasting, meanness, petulance, black marker signatures.
he will be remembered for eliminating environmental protections, allowing drilling in a national park,
he will be remembered for Covid 19 and his spectacular mishandling.
he will be remembered for his odd ability to appeal to a group of people who he dislikes
he will be remembered for nepotism, for golfing every four days, for spending millions making the secret service follow him around in golf carts rented from his properties,
he will be remembered for his mocking of media, disabilities, any woman who stood up to him, sexual assault, democracy..........

Chaos is the trademark ... as Calamity Jane follows the trumped up pride of a leader ... Jane being the female spirit (anima) of a brute man of power.

This could be turned around and reciprocated by a little balance with the spirit of woman in a man ... animus?

It is an amusing upset of human shortfalls in the mental (psyche) realm as thought is denied and downplayed beneath the horizon into the eastern projection of Marah ... a large, deep, dark pool as an Icon of where men are lost.

Some poet said men go down there ... truly it is a mysterious carrier! The going off point ... and then they're gone ...

And by idiot I mean ethically corrupt and morally bankrupt - not referring to IQ. I'm not arguing against democracy. Book smarts and/ or powerful credentials and/ or status gained through those means, doesn't necessarily prevent someone from being an idiot.

Hopefully the legacy will be the guy who drained the swamp.

though tough at the moment as most if not all of the three letter agencies are still controlled by the swamp.

But apparently, they did testing on a voting machine in ware county. Put the same amount of ballots in for Biden and trump. The machine then took 37 votes away from trump and gave them to Biden. The same trick another machine did to give 6000 trump ballots to Biden that was caught on election night.

Hopefully truth will overcome evil. Even if it is that Biden won. Oh right, that’s impossible, because almost all mail in ballots were counted only after getting rid of gop poll watchers.

though tough at the moment as most if not all of the three letter agencies are still controlled by the swamp.

But apparently, they did testing on a voting machine in ware county. Put the same amount of ballots in for Biden and trump. The machine then took 37 votes away from trump and gave them to Biden. The same trick another machine did to give 6000 trump ballots to Biden that was caught on election night.

Hopefully truth will overcome evil. Even if it is that Biden won. Oh right, that’s impossible, because almost all mail in ballots were counted only after getting rid of gop poll watchers.

His legacy of swamp draining might be more plausible had he actually made efforts to drain it. However, with such stalwarts like Betsy DeVos, Louis DeJoy, Mike (Pompous) Pompeo, and a host of others, all he has done is pollute the place.
And apparently that voting machine test report is something other than truthful. You may want to check other, more reliable, sources.

And the bit about ballots being counted in the absence of GOP observers is untrue. Kindly cease from disseminating Trumpian falsehoods.

Last edited:

You wish ... great folks of heart believe they will get all they wish ... by brute force if necessary!

Leave mindfulness and intellect out of it as fringe attributes! Eccentric as things we couldn't name ...

His legacy of swamp draining might be more plausible had he actually made efforts to drain it. However, with such stalwarts like Betsy DeVos, Louis DeJoy, Mike (Pompous) Pompeo, and a host of others, all he has done is pollute the place.
And apparently that voting machine test report is something other than truthful. You may want to check other, more reliable, sources.

Great power pollutes or just corrupts? Yet capitalists still search for opportunist gains especially over the more humble and subtle emotions!

That'd beath ought ... in the lee as wind shadow ... furious!

Maybe a nice touch, but does not come anywhere close to atoning for what she did to the Rose Garden.

Maybe a nice touch, but does not come anywhere close to atoning for what she did to the Rose Garden.

You expected something with sane-ite? Once upon a time "-ite" was an indication of alloying factors ... like bronze sole ... it had its own age!

I don't think so. It's gaudy and self serving. It looks exactly like the sort of thing a dictator's family would build for themselves while their citizens are in crisis. The fact that it looks like an expensive funeral home, imo (it really does look like a place where I've attended funerals, but even fancier), I think is apt - because they're soulless zombies.

If she had improved upon the rose garden, fine, but she didn't. This first family (with the exception of the youngest son) is just a gaudy monstrosity.

Last edited:
I like the story; true or not, of Trumps' pacing and repeating "I won, I won, I won"! In advertising it is said that repetition will set an idea'r concrete in an absent cave ... the tunnel of passions?

Let us get through this queer situation ... where queer seems to agitate certain POTUS situations ... Ab*ad spot toby in? The nature of a smear on the passage wall ... smudges add to Smokey Hollow!

May indicate a smoldering carryover ... demon IHC spore? When sacred it cannot bee seen! Isn't that the concept for individual success ... and the school is depleted ... some things are just gone due to waste of processing capacity!

I trained as a Process (Chemical) Engineer ... and it is certain that some missed the concept of relating and relationships being balanced!

Did you know the novel Overboard? A subdued tale about going to observe things with an improper personality ... something to take a poke at as without knowledge it is pure chance (quantum quarks)! Can one learn about stray sects in groups? Boids of a feather ... to weigh in ...

Back