Seeler News

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Sadly, I received the message below from Seeler's son via a conversation from his mother's account. With his permission, I am sharing it with the forum. Not sure if the family will be monitoring or not, but I am going to ask him to relay further news the same way or via the admin email so I can pass it on.

Hello. This is Seeler's son. She wanted to let you know that she is very soon approaching end of life. She is comfortable now at Hospice House. She will soon receive medication that will let her sleep comfortably until the end in a few days time. Throughout the years, Seeler has often spoken of enjoying the jokes, discussions, and community life on this site. She is looking forward to meeting CrazyHeart and others who have gone on before her. Please notify the WonderCafe2 community of my farewell. So long. Been good to know you. Seeler

(Edited to include the obituary in the opening post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed - sad to say goodbye to Seeler. I enjoyed meeting her & Seelerman a few years ago - just as fiesty & wonderful & caring in person as she was here online. Sending condolences to Seelerman and all the Seeler family whom she loved so very dearly. She leaves quite a legacy. C.

She's wonderful...so hospitable and a talented writer too. Such a zest for life -- always active until recently. Kind to everyone, from children to unhoused people struggling. And very courageous. I've missed her for awhile and regret not being able to spend more time with her when I was in NB. I had the best Scrabble games with her. Have you read her YA books?
May it be gentle for you dear. May you feel the love all around you.

Sadly, I received the message below from Seeler's son via a conversation from his mother's account. With his permission, I am sharing it with the forum. Not sure if the family will be monitoring or not, but I am going to ask him to relay further news the same way or via the admin email so I can pass it on.
Thanks.

These are a couple of her books. I thought it would make a nice addition to school/church libraries.

Seeler Moments

Getting to Know and then Befriending her Dragon

Driving the Wonderbus

The care and feeding of snogging in public

Out of Anywhere, Where would you like to live?

Aiding Panhandlers

The dreaded and benificial Kale

All around the Jesse Tree

Adapting to disability

Gratitude and Thanks

Why use meat thermemoters at all?

The joys and sadnesses of children

What is Heaven like?

Being able to laugh at yourself

My life has been enriched by being able to share a bit of her life here

❤ and rainbows

Last edited:
Sadly never made it out East to meet her in person but appreciate what she brought here. I hope her feelings about death are still similar to before, she didn't seem to fear it and was accepting for the right time. Her Jesse Tree tradition helped me quite a bit some years, will certainly miss her!

Aaah, SeelerFamily

Seeler, you and crazyheart have always been why I worked to get wondercafe2 built. I needed it to be here for as long as you had wisdom to share.

You have taught us so much, shared so much, but also showed us how to learn and grow with honesty.

I remember your posts on making inexpensive meals: what that chicken was transformed into. So many of the topics that delightful de and others have reflected oni also remember your hospitality and graciousness to my mom when we were in your hometown.

Seelerman, seelergirl, seelerboy, I know how much you have been loved.

Please know that you are thought of and I will light a candle for you all.

I am sending you light, to heal you, to hold you

Thinking of Seeler and her family at this time. I have only known her on-line but really enjoyed meeting her here

Seeler got my name for one of the virtual Secret Santa exchanges and she was so creative in preparing her gift. Her ability as a writer shone through in the series of wondermails she sent.

I have gotten to Know Seeler and mate personally ... and they seemed to get entertainment frpm my sophisticated view of life itself, while manyy demand it be simplified. The consequence is something else ... stranger than fiction and fantasy ...

Then I am informed of one of her church family also passed away yesterday, rather unexpected! He acted as a spiritual guidance assistant ... incidental that I collided with the man too! Sort of like billiards in the heavens ... even dicey ... you never know what!

Alas, you are asked to be silent about strange encounters ... involves hated philosophy! Many queries ...

Well, she certainly defied expectations by kicking around for this long.

I like that we went from mutual distrust (I thought she was a religious nutcase, she thought I was an atheist) to mutual admiration.

We had known of George's condition for a long time. We've known of Seeler's for longer. Both have been a large part of this community. I'm not aware of any rivalry between them and I don't know how aware Seeler is of his passing, but I like to think that, no matter her present condition, she will spare a moment to at least think, "Suck it, George."

I'm sorry to hear this sad news but grateful that I had the opportunity to connect with Seeler virtually and in person. I came to wondercafe ar a time I was feeling isolated and disconnected. It is a good place to connect with folks, ask questions and learn. Seeler was a kind and wise teacher for me.

She guided me as I struggled with my decision to become a licensed lay worship leader. She laughed and encouraged me when I shared my adventures of raising 3 small kids and reminded me often to enjoy every minute with my family as she had with hers. My kids enjoyed meeting seeler and seelerman when they visited Ontario.

It's been a long time since I've been on this site but think of you all often. I know what a close community this is, and how deeply you will feel this loss. Thinking of you all and of course sending thoughts and prayers to all of Seelers family. Thank you Seeler for sharing your time, faith and good fun at wondercafe.

Back