Road trip Canada

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I think I had heard that, actually. Wonder about Annapolis in NS? I know they can grow other fruit there.
Oh, Annapolis Valley has at least 10 wineries. We actually have a double decker bus going round stopping at everyone of them as a wekend winery tour, hop on and off.

Well, if we're including "intoxicants", how about a little vial of CBD oil? Nice in the bath, under the tongue for immediate relief of tension, baked in a cookie. The feel good natural chemical. Now legal in Canada.
That would stop me at the boarder and I might spend my Germany vacation behind bars.....

So, we do seem to be food & drink focused. hmmm,

What do they like to do? Would you rent a van with them, or car trip with hotels?
Are they practical, would it be helpful to give them some sample accommodation?

How old are they? Are they agile?
They are 66. Like to hike, do photogaphy, travel, not spend too much money, usually do inexpensive overnight accomodations.
I was wondering about the “ must see” attractions in every province . Some of the “ must eat” food has already been mentioned.

Oh, Annapolis Valley has at least 10 wineries. We actually have a double decker bus going round stopping at everyone of them as a wekend winery tour, hop on and off.

More like stagger on and off by the end, eh.:cat:

I was wondering about the “ must see” attractions in every province .

Ontario is tough. Depends on what they like. Niagara Falls is a bit overrated IMO but most foreign visitors want to see it. Toronto if they like urban landscapes. Lots of cultural attractions and sightseeing there. Ottawa is the capital and is good for museum crawlers. Has some good hiking and scenery, too, esp. if you go over to Gatineau Park. If they have time to go more out of the way, the highway corridor through Algonquin has some great hiking and scenery.

Last edited:
More like stagger on and off by the end, eh.:cat:
I think its a great idea people can stay locally and don’t have to worry about driving. It is very popular. I have done a winetour once, but I can’t drink more than half a glass of wine. Some wineries have restaurants, like Pete’s. Its a good source of income.

The best entertainment venues are in Ontario, so there should be some tix provided to represent that province - CN Tower, Canada's Wonderland, Ripley's Aquarium, Niagara Falls Pass, Stratford Festival...

Brochures from a National Park in each province.

A list of interesting websites - there is a FB page called Saskatchewan Scenery, for example, that has photos taken across the province.

The hardest province to represent well is Saskatchewan - because it really offers nothing of value for people unless they like wheat. So stick a picture of a wheat field in the box and hope for the best.

The hardest province to represent well is Saskatchewan - because it really offers nothing of value for people unless they like wheat. So stick a picture of a wheat field in the box and hope for the best.

We are here to promote the country, not divide it or play favorites. Go play your games in another thread.

Fabulous idea Mrs. Anteater!!

The Saskatchewan Scenery fb site is FANTASTIC - so many inspiring photos - Land of Living Skies.

Maybe a listing of all the provinces, with their provincial 'motto'. & link to their provincial tourism site which is often a good starting point.

YES to a paper map!! Canada is SO VAST - it surprises people who come from elsewhere - especially Europe.

Perhaps you could find a recipe book (or website) that features representative recipes from each province? Hmmm ... google search coming up I think!!

Good idea to know their preferences - eg if they like fishing - some info & links to great fishing spots, trophy fish etc in the various provinces.

HMMMM.

I would include some maple syrup, or some maple syrup candies.

I would probably include some Timmie"s coffee. Not necessarily because it is fantastic coffee, but because it is a Canadian symbol.

Trying to veer away from foods for a moment, how about list of websites to visit, and YouTube videos to check out. You could include links to Rick Mercer, Baroness Von Sketch, and other fun videos or links. You could include photos or postcards from places to visit, or images that are Canadian.

A hockey puck.

I liked the idea of some Canadian literature.

HMMMM.

I would include some maple syrup, or some maple syrup candies.

I would probably include some Timmie"s coffee. Not necessarily because it is fantastic coffee, but because it is a Canadian symbol.

Trying to veer away from foods for a moment, how about list of websites to visit, and YouTube videos to check out. You could include links to Rick Mercer, Baroness Von Sketch, and other fun videos or links. You could include photos or postcards from places to visit, or images that are Canadian.

A hockey puck.

I liked the idea of some Canadian literature.

Timmys isn't even Canadian any more. Better to include some delicious Second Cup coffee.

Back