Multi-quote playing

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

We're used to the quoted text moving straight to the text box when we hit "Reply". When you hit "+Quote", that quote does not land immediately in the text box. You can keep adding additional quotes, and they will all show up in the text box after you press the "Insert Quotes..." button that only appears after you've used at least one "+Quote" button.

The reason for the extra step of "Insert Quote" is because this tool works across the form.

So as an example, I can easily grab a bunch of sections of other posts and then come back here to post them easily:
Improvements to Replying/Quoting

This is probably the biggest change for users. The Reply button will work as before.
(The tips thread I wrote)

Thanks for doing the update @Mendalla
It's a gorgeous weekend here and Chemguy and I are doing a bunch of gardening stuff but I had to pop in to check it out.
(Room from All)

ChemGa said:
@revjohn curious how it's working for you if you've been using the function.

I haven't had any problems with multiple quotes in the past. I probably won't learn the new trick until the old ones no longer accomplish my intent.

I haven't had any problems with multiple quotes in the past. I probably won't learn the new trick until the old ones no longer accomplish my intent.
It will save you a fair bit of typing/copying and pasting.
I guess it depends how you respond though, if you know ahead of time how you want things broken up, or if you do the quote breaks as you respond.

It will save you a fair bit of typing/copying and pasting.
I guess it depends how you respond though, if you know ahead of time how you want things broken up, or if you do the quote breaks as you respond.
Just playing & trying to get the hang of this. :)

Does anyone know why some avatars have a little green triangle in the upper left corner? Like RevJohn's in post #25? (two up the thread)

I have noticed a few of them on various threads.

Aha! Figured it out. It means the poster is currently on line. Nice feature!

Just playing & trying to get the hang of this. :)

Does anyone know why some avatars have a little green triangle in the upper left corner? Like RevJohn's in post #25? (two up the thread)

I have noticed a few of them on various threads.

Aha! Figured it out. It means the poster is currently on line. Nice feature!

Aaaaah! I wondered about that myself today. I saw it first on the avatars of @BethAnne and myself. I figured the system was just pointing out the best-looking members. Course, that would hardly explain @revjohn. :D

It is to make numinous hoos on-line ... in case you are lacking nu mino' citii ... a type of mental chaos ...

Playing around here. For a single quote I still use the old method. This might be good for quoting several posts in one reply?
Yeah, the reply button is the quickest for 1 quote, especially if it's the entire thing.
The multi quote can prevent code deletion if only wanting to use part of a quote.
For multiple quotes it's much quicker and easier. For multiple quotes across threads it's incredibly useful.

Back