Multi-quote playing

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

@Seeler, if you hit quote on threads, they are now held, until you go to where you want to insert the quote, and hit "insert quote" or some such thing.
You can remove quotes you don't want inserted.

@Seeler, if you hit quote on threads, they are now held, until you go to where you want to insert the quote, and hit "insert quote" or some such thing.
You can remove quotes you don't want inserted.

And this is why I am not a tech writer.
Where is @ChemGal when you need her!

It doesn't work on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo). Will try using my laptop later.

ChemGal posted a great thread with tips - New Forum Features - May 21 Upgrade - I opened it in a second window so I could switch back & forth to try stuff out

Which is exactly what I did when testing.:cool:
THANKS MENDALLA for taking time out of your day to make the upgrades for us!

You (and others who have thanked me elsewhere) are most welcome. Xenforo should get some gratitude, too, for making it so smooth and easy.(y)

We're used to the quoted text moving straight to the text box when we hit "Reply". When you hit "+Quote", that quote does not land immediately in the text box. You can keep adding additional quotes, and they will all show up in the text box after you press the "Insert Quotes..." button that only appears after you've used at least one "+Quote" button. This lets you place your text box cursor where you want to insert the quote(s) before you press the button.

You can also highlight a snippet of someone's post, and a "+Quote | Reply" button pops up under the selection, giving you the option of adding the new selection to the queue to be added later with the "Insert Quotes..." button or immediately in the case of Reply.

I also like the "link title conversion" feature - saw that at work when I posted a link too ... good stuff.

When you hit "+Quote", that quote does not land immediately in the text box.

Which is largely what I am used to on vBulletin. Now I just have to convince the programmer at my other board (which is heavily customized open source) that we need multi-quote and select quote (which is a totally new feature to me that I love already) there.

I also like the "link title conversion" feature - saw that at work when I posted a link too ... good stuff.

Yeah, I :D when I started posting links earlier today.

You can also highlight a snippet of someone's post, and a "+Quote | Reply" button pops up under the selection, giving you the option of adding the new selection to the queue to be added later with the "Insert Quotes..." button or immediately in the case of Reply.
which is a rather nice feautre.

It doesn't work on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo). Will try using my laptop later.

Good news all. With a bit more experimenting I've discovered that it actually does work on my phone - which suggests that it will on all Android phones.

Good news all. With a bit more experimenting I've discovered that it actually does work on my phone - which suggests that it will on all Android phones.

Yep. Used it on my droid a couple times, too. I use Chrome as the browser so can't speak for other mobile browsers on Android, though.

Back