An offering: Give Thanks This Day

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Today I am greatful for 18 mallards allowing me to feed them peanuts and some were trusting enough to take them from my hand

I alas am not proficient in Duck so I did not know what they were quacking between feedings

Today I am greatful,

for all the Crow people who all along my morning routine wait for some peanuts

Some now even run in front of me or walk along fence posts by me or even perch on street signs

Even if I have no peanuts I try to acknowledge them

I got complimented today by a young man saying what I was doing was good. A whole flock followed me to the bus stop, where I am concerned at some of them who stand in the road with traffic

Amen

I am going to offer up thanks for our health care system.

Patched together at times, but with the goal of serving people.

We've had support of the VON, who have been great in handling items that we often went to the doctor or surgeon for.
They have been great and flexible.

Though we have had a nurse who wasn't running top of their game when at the hospital, it only served to show how the vast majority were either exceptional or just consistently good, with appropriate care.
I'd like to give thanks for a night nurse in particular. he was kind, thorough and clear, but not intrusive. He was efficient.
My husband told me that he really liked him, but, he didn't see him much through the night, someone else kept coming in to address his care (change fluids, etc). When we were going home the next night, my husband mentioned it to the nurse that he hadn't seen him much. The nurse looked at him and said "i was in and out all night". They laughed as they realized it had been cold, and the nurse had put on a light jacket over his t-shirt, then put on his coat! Same guy, just different attire.
What is actually funnier about this is it was a male nurse, and he was black.

There are few and far

I'm giving thanks today that i have the most delightful little girls having two !! Sleepovers are our house.

We are so lucky.

I also give thanks that their mom is healing. She is hurt and may have a couple of months of healing but she will be better. Saw her tonight and another photo of her side of the vehicle. Thank goodness for seatbelts and luck. If she had been a larger or taller person, it would have been a very different story.

Today I am greatful,

to be able to be a part of Pastor Paul's retirement

It was incredible

His last service

And the "Afternoon Tea" after

The place was packed to bursting

Lots of wet faces

This guy is gold; during the child's service he said goodbye to each kid. Included something memorable from each one

This is what I consider success of a person: how many people they have really touched, affected

I will be experiencing a loss here -- a brand new one for me. First place of worship I have spent any constant amount of time in and my first religious leader really...

Thank you, God, for this world and for giving us free will

Amen

(of course the two events were filmed...memories!!!)

Is idealization of individuals a form of idolatry?

Like celibacy's vs celebrity's by flattery ... leading to group think opposed by emperors ... dispensation -ism ...

Thus dispensed ... as Pense declared BS!

Today I am thankful for the slip and very slow fall to the ground lol

Got my hand-equivalents dirty

This fog and cold is exciting and invigorating; after my morning meditation I have to warm up after lol

And I only saw one Crow person. Heard more hidden in the fog

And now that it is sunny again, they are greeting and asking for more peanuts

Amen

Today,

I am thankful for D, who I met outside London Drugs. He had a sign and I introduced myself, offered my hand. We shook

All he was asking for was kitty litter and some cereal

So I bought him some

He told me a bit of his story

And he shared a bit of his gratitude for God

For saving his life when he was in the hospital

He has a 16 year old red tabby named Pumpkin :3

We eventually parted ways

Amen

This moment,

I am thankful

For sitting under the squirrel tree here at church then when I look two of the 3 black squirrels are right in front of me, one with a moufull of peanut

I haven't seen them or fed them since the summer

Of course they had to maintain their cover so they quickly scurried away :3

I'm thankful that we have a room that served as a sanctuary for someone, allowing them to be rested and safe. Life can be complicated for folks.

I'm thankful for tooth that wiggle and dreams of tooth fairies

I'm thankful for the bodies amazing ability to heal, and the positivity that results from such healing.

In great pain what have we learned? Generally very little because knowledge is hated as separate intelligence ...

Today I am greatful,

Lord, for the endless opportunities to do your will, to glorify you, obey you, help the oppressed and afflicted, those in want, for giving me so much

Time after time I cross paths with you

Isiah 58: 6 to 14
To do your will

Even tho I am lazy
Much, much too so
And too much a coward

Thank you for putting me here
And helping me with my ignorance
Fat headedness
Arrogance
Foolishness

I have found out you aren't scary at all
You are keen and gollygeewillickers
The Creator of All interested in Me. In Us, tiny creatures such as human beings (turns out we aren't that tiny, that is the World speaking)

I hope more come to learn how to get over themselves, their fears, and embrace you. It is pretty cool.

I put myself at your mercy
I am sorry I haven't helped glorify you always, been an obedient servant, helped the downtrodden always...

I love you

And thank you for this life

Amen

Then words were conjured and the games began in a scramble ... much went deficient ... because of the God-word raised phobias ...

I am giving thanks for the governments funding of rural internet.
Although I am not fully setup, I am hopeful that by end of day, my speeds will be decent, and my costs for internet will decrease significantly.

Incidents, or incidental interactions of politicans making mistakes of give 'n nature? Interspersed intelligence ... that many pass off as naivete ... and thus we can never tell! It's protocol of maintaining the great unknowns! Mani cheats bit Aimes ...

I was once told by an Professor of Bioethics to refuse thoughts ... he would think for me ... I corrupted that directive from academia ... a thorny issue ... as told by a lion and a little critter ... all inna ward robe! The robe in tatters ...

Back