Starting at New Post

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I've noticed when an older thread has been commented on, and I access it from the new posts list, the link takes me to the OP.

If it's a newer thread, the link takes me to the newest post.

With the former, jumping to the new one isn't an issue, it just takes an extra click. I'm just curious what the cut-off is for when the forum switches from one to the other. Does anyone know?

Ones that Birthstone came into lately.
Grief counselling
Where do Pedophiles go for Help
(both Health and Aging)
are 2 that I remember.

Every time I click on the name of a thread in "New Posts", I'm taken to the first unread post. In every thread I try.

Might be a browser issue? Maybe there was a delay in loading the page?

I've noticed this before. It seems to always be due to a long time period between the last time I looked at it/the last set of posts and a new one. Maybe due to settings in my profile?

Something could be setting old threads to "read" status? But there is no option for that that I can find.

chemgal, it could be that you didnt' read the posts in between. I know that was the case for the threads re grief councselling.
I dont' always read all my alerts.

chemgal, it could be that you didnt' read the posts in between. I know that was the case for the threads re grief councselling.
I dont' always read all my alerts.
Thanks Pinga. I saw this with LPT too, sounds right.

It happened again, with the roofer thread. There was only 1 unread post.

Back