Rest in Peace, Golden Rule

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Pinga

Room for All
David and I were "sparring" partners back in the day, but I really liked him. I'm saddened to hear he has passed away.

GoldenRule was a poster who I respected and appreciated his participation in threads. When we looked at starting wondercafe2, he was one of the ones that we all agreed would make a great moderator.

Though most time he kept his cool, there were times when he let loose. Even then, he was articulate and powerful.

I had almost responded to Geo's post saying, no, but, I wish he was here then I saw RevJohn's post.. and I still do wish he was here. Knowing that he died has made me sad. We lost a wise man way too early.

I was surprised to read his funeral was in Stirling, and that he has family in Madoc. My paternal grandmother & grandmother are from that area, and my brother returned to it to retire.

thank you pinga. No real stories. I did enjoy his insightful and positive posts though.

David and I first became acquainted at United Online during its waning days. The conversation there was "limited" in that most of us were UCCAN clergy or soon to be clergy. Pinga was there also.

I was really pleased when he migrated to WonderCafe.ca and found him to be a quick wit, good sport and generally pleasant fellow. I missed his playfulness when he chose to leave and was more than a little stung in his farewell to the group. Witch left in a huff about the same time and to my shame I cannot remember what it was that was their last straws.

I knew that David was dealing with significant health concerns and that he did want to get a book published.

Not travelling in the same orbits anymore the last thing I remembered was some good news. That may have been the publication of the book, I thought it was an improvement in health. Still, we weren't regular correspondents so I didn't keep up with what was going on.

I remembered his name from previous encounters and google being what it is it didn't take long to uncover the bad news.

I can't recall he and I interacting much on classic WC. When we did, I think we were disagreeing with one another for the most part. He always seemed fair and considerate to me.

Sorry to hear the news.
I remember a thrread on the original WC about 'how would we know if someone died'. I said that I would tell my family to include in my obit 'also known as Seeler'. It got a laugh at the time.
But seriously, people can simply disappear. We think of them oncee in awhile; perhaps we see them on facebook and recognize them - but generally we don't know what happened. I'm thinking of some of the people I miss - Somegirl (from early on the original WC), Somegal, Witch (I was his secret santa one year), and Vic. I wish them well - and I wish they would come back - at least drop in.
And I hope that I don't hear news like Golden Rule. We talked about publishing a book - way back when.

This makes me very sad. David and I corresponded for a number of years and when he stopped in Regina, We went to

Tim's for breakfast.He was on his way home from visiting his new born Grandson.

A half hour lunch turned into two. In person, he was the quiet, humorous, spiritual guy that was on WC.

I mourn him tonight. We stopped writing when ill health got the best of us. but I thought

of him often.

Agape as he addressed it touched me in ways nothing else did.

I do not cry often but I cry now for someone who died too young. He had so much more to give.

Shalom

And remember we're all in this fabrication together ... as far as its got put together to date ... with all the a'gaps ...

I remember him well from WC. Some great posts there an on his various blogs. Sad that he is not longer around to share his considerable wisdom.

Back