Oh No, You Say- Secret Santa- Too Soon

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Then there is dulcimer as a shanty! The purple plague to some as it is supposed to be the cure for many worms ...

I just don't know about that!

Reading through this list of gifts without noticing who had sent them I had my suspicions from the title of the first book Only God Knows. These were confirmed by the time I hit four the algae. I bet it was dulse. It takes a Maritimer to appreciate some good dulse enough to consider it as a gift. I was right; it was MrsAnteater. You send a gift basket that I would enjoy receiving. I'm sure it would was appreciated.
Reading through this list of gifts without noticing who had sent them I had my suspicions from the title of the first book Only God Knows. These were confirmed by the time I hit four the algae. I bet it was dulse. It takes a Maritimer to appreciate some good adults enough to consider it as a gift.
I was right; it was MrsAnteater. You send a gift basket that I would enjoy receiving. I'm sure it would was appreciated.
Dulse, exactly. Although the taste is too strong, the smell is amazing. It's like having the sea in front of you. I love it.

I have been told oysters taste exactly as the sea smells. I have never tried them myself.

I have been told oysters taste exactly as the sea smells. I have never tried them myself.
Pretty much true. I love fresh oysters with lime and salt. They go well with white sparkling wine.

I used to love oysters. I also loved mussels. Unfortunately, I developed a mid-life allergy to mussels, which probably extends to oysters, so they left the diet as well. It's a very violent reaction that includes a neurological component and seemed to get exponentially worse with exposure, so I'm careful. No bouillabaisse for me...

I used to love oysters. I also loved mussels. Unfortunately, I developed a mid-life allergy to mussels, which probably extends to oysters, so they left the diet as well. It's a very violent reaction that includes a neurological component and seemed to get exponentially worse with exposure, so I'm careful. No bouillabaisse for me...
Oh, sorry to hear that. I developed shrimp allergy some years ago and now I also avoid it, especially the small ones.

Oh, sorry to hear that. I developed shrimp allergy some years ago and now I also avoid it, especially the small ones.

That would be painful for me. Love shrimp - raw, tempura-d, broiled, steamed on top of a broccoli rape braise...

I also like it, but it's not my favorite seafood. My favorite is octopus, absolutely love it.

Reactions: Jae
And I cannot eat octopus. My moral is that I cannot eat something that might be smarter than me. Do not look into octopus intelligence.

I prefer squid and cuttlefish, smaller ones being better. I find octopus rather tough and chewy. Same with larger squid.
I like them, too. The secret for good octopus is the cooking. If cooked too much or too little it can be horrible. Knowing the right point is something highly valued in Portuguese cuisine.

Back