Naming a new church - to include or omit UC designation?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The New United Progressive Community Church of (insert community name here). Hits all, or most, bases, I think.:)

To keep a hint it's a UCCan congregation, insert somewhere St. Andrew's, Knox, Wesley, Knox-Wesley or Wesley-Knox, Westminster, Erskine...:LOL:

To keep a hint it's a UCCan congregation, insert somewhere St. Andrew's, Knox, Wesley, Knox-Wesley or Wesley-Knox, Westminster, Erskine...:LOL:

Or Ermine as a washed out weasel ... the tail will however remain dark by mystery ... God likes mystery as Ide remains unseen and untouched except in isolated impulses!

Some people are stuck when hit by these intense transfers ... sometimes muted and thus transmutation and transcendence as after word is; :Why did I do that?" The search for reason thus processes ...

Given an option for intelligence ... always speak of story and myth to undercut the lies that are the norm! The human mind is said to have resistance (OHM) towards the electric Meme! This may be an alternative to flash opinions.

Thus a' Moor to ponder when flat out ...criminal passion can do that .. what my late dad called doings ... from his experience of things he saw being done innocently!

Thus dislike roils up when seeing others doing it ... poor no!

Last edited:
I learned this week they're considering not even including 'church' in the name ... whoa!

Denominations come with baggage, for good and ill, that may never find expression (for good or ill) within the local community of faith.

Sins of Ommission vs Commission.

Which would be worse I wonder, showing up and finding out it actually was a United Church or never considering it an option becausr it is a United Church.

And it isn't something unique to us. Anglicans are doing it. Presbyterians have done it.

It is a six of one half a dozen of the other discussion.

Denominations come with baggage, for good and ill, that may never find expression (for good or ill) within the local community of faith.

Sins of Ommission vs Commission.

Which would be worse I wonder, showing up and finding out it actually was a United Church or never considering it an option becausr it is a United Church.

And it isn't something unique to us. Anglicans are doing it. Presbyterians have done it.

It is a six of one half a dozen of the other discussion.
Lots of Anglican churches in Winnipeg are called just Church of St. XYZ, or Church of the Redeemer, things like that.
In Brazil there are some names that are so strongly associated to denominations that the denomination name is unnecessary - St Andrew's for Presbyterians, Martin Luther or Peace for Lutherans, Calvary or Bethel for Baptists and all the other saints for Roman Catholics.

How about, "Potluck Fellowship International." That'd be apt for many evangelical congregations.

To believe in paring it down ... paresh or paris? Spring may do it ... and all the animas will become like those wretched dogs shedding ... mangey ? Leads to mangerism ... due to the wee critters living in the straws ... scabies? Marks are left ... and hairless animas ...

Back