"Like"

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It is like offering a long-time dog lover a kitten right after his faithful canine companion wagged its tail for the last time.

Good intention paving the road to hell.

Not when I am a dog lover and you think Ol' Hopping Mad can be replaced by plain old "mad".

Now I know Ol Hopping Mad is not gone forever. I just can't find him. Feels like he's dead and gone forever.

Not being a dog person, you probably have no clue.

Not when I am a dog lover and you think Ol' Hopping Mad can be replaced by plain old "mad".

Now I know Ol Hopping Mad is not gone forever. I just can't find him. Feels like he's dead and gone forever.

Not being a dog person, you probably have no clue.

Oh, I'm sure you as a dog lover might be irate at first about being given a cat, but that feeling wouldn't last for long once you discover just what a superior animal the feline is to the canine. It's like your silver being taken away but you receive gold instead.

Jae said:
Oh, I'm sure you as a dog lover might be irate at first about being given a cat, but that feeling wouldn't last for long once you discover just what a superior animal the feline is to the canine. It's like your silver being taken away but you receive gold instead.

I have lived in homes with cats. I have even lived in a home with multiple cats.

My experience with cats simply confirms that I have well-founded reason to prefer the company of dogs to cats.

Some people prefer cats. I will probably never truly comprehend why. I don't think it is that cats are superior or that cat lovers are superior.

I imagine it is some mutual dysfunction of some-kind that has yet to make it into the DSM.

Maybe it only ever is my imagination.

I have lived in homes with cats. I have even lived in a home with multiple cats.

My experience with cats simply confirms that I have well-founded reason to prefer the company of dogs to cats.

Some people prefer cats. I will probably never truly comprehend why. I don't think it is that cats are superior or that cat lovers are superior.

I imagine it is some mutual dysfunction of some-kind that has yet to make it into the DSM.

Imagination is believed to be an attribute attached to something non-existent and only a figment in the distant isolated mined portion ... a void where the E-motions took off from?

Luce NDs said:
Imagination is believed to be an attribute attached to something non-existent and only a figment in the distant isolated mined portion ... a void where the E-motions took off from?

Which is why I didn't say that there actually was something wrong with cat lovers and they needed professional help.

I might think it.

I wouldn't actually say it.

Unless I was provoked or under duress or much more confident that it wasn't my imagination.

Are emotions a contribution from the abstract mind that goes counter to emotional reactions?

In depth .. there may be more to it than incarnate (or as appears in essence) that may be a powerful ... aspiration ... even some dogs gasp at the actions of cats ...

Luce NDs said:
Are emotions a contribution from the abstract mind that goes counter to emotional reactions?

Good question.

I suspect that they are more ornament than substance. They have a function which is to cover things not provide a foundation for things.

Good question.

I suspect that they are more ornament than substance. They have a function which is to cover things not provide a foundation for things.

Is the abstract mind like a prince in a transparent suit? Few can envision this roué 'L case ... as well tis like a window to heaven ... not seen until night ... thus the occult attribute ... otherwise dark ... a connection that is obtuse to those not looking into mythological essence ... it is believed to have a smell!

Thus the de-ornamenting of lassies in Celtic Spiritual sense ... rye angels?

Pure physical BS does not understand this happens in the dark by those discovering the magic tendency to take cares and troubles away for a wee bit ... as schism theis causes a break in reality of inhumane activity and should be entered into with gentile and not potent drive ... as the lesser people may appreciate the break more ... tis like sects of sol ... sol a' mon's mine 'd?

But you'al not supposed to speak of such fu behaviour ... degrading into a grand phu Ba ... blast of alien sort ... met a' phor?

In some cases causing un reveling and un rabble NG ... and fabrics becoming un Dune ... while senior controllers don't wish to hear 've IDee ... IDe'?

I've had both. Given a choice, I'd take a cat. More suited to my personality. Nothing against doggies, though. Loved my family's beagle (even though I wanted a schnauzer :() and my friends' dogs (one of them had a schnauzer :().

Reactions: Jae

Oh, well, there's no accounting for taste. :D

I think possibly the most balanced among us both love, and coexist with, a multitude of different critters. The one combo that seems to be completely, intrinsically unsuccessful is cats and birds. I've actually had cats help me watch a kid's pet rat while its cage was being cleaned.

Cats and dogs is not so bad. My Lucy has an extraordinary prey drive. I've seen her snap up and devour a nest of baby rabbits in a revolting heartbeat; she also tries hard to attack and eat every chihuahua she has ever met. However, properly introduced, and with a cat door in place, she knows exactly where she fits in the hierarchy. Cats eat first. Dogs who chase/growl at cats get either a scratch or a quick correction.

I have lived with both and I like both. There are some breeds of dogs I'm afraid of, especially when I can tell their owners have brought them up to be mean and/ or when the owners themselves are going out of their way to look tough.

My instinct is to say I'm a dog person but the cats I've been most attached to have had almost dog-like personalities. And cats are easier for me to look after - whereas dogs need to be walked every day twice a day - maybe more - they need to run outside and to be taken out to do their business (with poop bags on hand - walking around with a poop bag until you can throw it out).

Cats can be really sweet and cuddly and chatty. Some like to keep to themselves and would prefer you to just be there to serve them their food, and aren't very affectionate. Those cats I'm not as fond of but I haven't actually met many like that.

Cleaning a cat pan requires a constant ability to stoop and stay down; maybe easier to deal with the quick bag lift of a dog. Cats can be quite dog-like - my beloved ragdolls and Siamese are quite talkative and interactive. Some dogs, like Jack Russells, can be more cat-like in personality.

Back