Winter knitting

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

@Greywolf336 - I saw this today & recalled that a while ago you were looking for something in a leaf pattern ... so thought I'd just drop it here for you. :) I have knit a pattern by Sweater Babe - very clearly written & easy to follow.

How's the knitting going this winter for everyone?

Barbara started a knitting group at the Big Red Church. About twenty five persons gather every Monday evening. The group is called “Woolies” and has become a place for intimate conversation.

Here is Barbara knitting...

028F773B-FA9D-48F3-A34E-5E469A63B32E.jpeg

Ooo - Barbara's making something quite interesting I think! I love "The Big Red Church" name BTW. It sounds so very friendly & reminds me of the Clifford the Big Red Dog stories I read with my kids long ago.

This winter I've made an assortment of shawls (I'm amassing quite a collection despite giving some away!), a few pairs of fingerless gloves as gifts, a couple of hats. My husband just discovered that a triangle 'scarf' is a great invention for keeping the front of his neck warm! I'm calling it his "cowboy scarf" - also useful if wanting to hold up a stagecoach :ROFLMAO: This week I also resumed knitting on my "tempestry" project - now working on the second hanging from the year of my birth. Last night I wound some yarn to take with me on holidays next week - just a little beach knitting for when I get tired of reading, wandering, snorkeling, napping ...

Ooo - Barbara's making something quite interesting I think! I love "The Big Red Church" name BTW. It sounds so very friendly & reminds me of the Clifford the Big Red Dog stories I read with my kids long ago.

This winter I've made an assortment of shawls (I'm amassing quite a collection despite giving some away!), a few pairs of fingerless gloves as gifts, a couple of hats. My husband just discovered that a triangle 'scarf' is a great invention for keeping the front of his neck warm! I'm calling it his "cowboy scarf" - also useful if wanting to hold up a stagecoach :ROFLMAO: This week I also resumed knitting on my "tempestry" project - now working on the second hanging from the year of my birth. Last night I wound some yarn to take with me on holidays next week - just a little beach knitting for when I get tired of reading, wandering, snorkeling, napping ...
Every time a baby is born into our clan Barbara knits a small colourful garment. Every stitch is loaded with love.

I don't know which throw I like the best.

My knitting activity seems to have stalled to a stop. Sister hasn't been around to bug me about it, but I actually have attacked my Mom's yarn stash and made plans to dispose of most of it. I've got two big bags of DK suitable for mitts, hats, scarves for mitten tree type stuff for the church lady, a bag of baby yarn for the hospital, a couple of other things (plain grey sock yarn in original skeins, some unique cotton-y type stuff to give to the "nice" thrift shop), a few things to add to my already over-large personal stash considering that I've stalled again. I've been a completely sporadic knitter my whole life. I was very ambitious before my first was born. He had more hand-knit outfits than any baby I've ever seen, between Mom and I. I didn't know his gender, so they were all lovely peaches and greens and turquoises and creams that would also do for the girl that would follow.

Here is Barbara’s completed gift for a family baby:

View attachment 3298

Lovely. These are the best gifts for a new arrival, I think. My grandmother used to knit for us back in the day. Slippers and sweaters I remember for sure, maybe other things. Mom used to do a bit of knitting and maybe would have done the same for her grandkids had she lived longer.

Adorable sweater that Barbara made! Love the vibrant colours :) It's reminding me that a good friend has a grandchild arriving this summer - yay! More knitting opportunities!!

Back