What are you watching these days?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I watched an episode of Criminal Minds recently. In it a powerful soul interfered with 3 families by taking their daughters and turning them against one another and the denied ever touching the situation although present! Such is the power of the untouchable psyche ... chose cautiously or you could fall in the the western sway of the leanings ... towards mindless ecko no Micks or Mikael's and thus Gabriel is the only way out de ark angel ... always doubts! Because what do we really know with all the black out, censure, etc around us obscuring the entire thing so we believe something down her is all there is to it ... lets dance if that's the case ... on this side I've found de ruth is difficult as rouph ... it's ruag ... as LGK would say hypo noughties ... under strung?

Last edited:
Totally loving the show "Poker Face". I'm watching it on CBC Gem

I am terrible with actor's names, but, I keep going, oh, oh, that person is from this show, or, I love that person. Each episode is fairly standalone -- though it does help to see episode 1 and have the baseline of who the primary character is. I love how a lot of the guests play people that is just not what they normally play.

It is gritty, but not like Shameless or similair. It has twists and turns, and great exchanges . I'm loving the script writing

Main character is played by Natasha Lyonne. She was in Orange is the new Black.

Trailer:
Link to wiki: Poker Face (TV series) - Wikipedia

Now you've got my attention. She was brilliant in the Netflix series Russian Doll (which she also co-created).
She was very good in OITNB. I had to look it up to see which character she played. Yeah she was great.

We are still watching two episodes of Transplant each night. Very fast paced and engaging.

We clicked on Transplant a few days ago following Northwind's mention of it. It has been our choice every evening since. I struggle a bit when a language other than English is used. Captions are useless to my failing vision. Other than that we are enjoying it and will continue to watch for further entertainment.

Yes - Transplant was a great series. I was sorry to see it end.
At the moment, we're catching up on various Oscar nominated movies, from a variety of online sources - recently saw "American Fiction" and "The Zone of Interest". Both excellent, and VERY different from each other.

We've also watched an older Brit series this winter - "Last Tango in Halifax" - which we really enjoyed & discovered as we looked up info re actress Nicola Walker who we first encountered in the series Unforgotten.

I've been enjoying Call the Midwife. The first couple of seasons seemed to be a lot of screaming women in labour. The latest shows I've seen are broader. I like how they've developed the main characters and how they address issues such as cancer, thalidomide and birth control. To name a few

I've been enjoying Call the Midwife. The first couple of seasons seemed to be a lot of screaming women in labour. The latest shows I've seen are broader. I like how they've developed the main characters and how they address issues such as cancer, thalidomide and birth control. To name a few
Fabulous series, I thought. Interesting characters and good exploration of many social issues. The labour and birth scenes do get repetitive, I agree. But I loved the series.

Discovered this filmmaker Alex Bale completely by accident

He does a very good job at his craft

Here is an example
(some swearin)

He also has a collection of his short horror/absurd flicks

His Don't Feed the Muse I found weird and fun. It looks like he started oot making up conspiracy theories on Spongebob show...but turna oot it was more than that (very similar to an alternate reality game...which I have always enjoyed)

Last edited:
I just started watching Wild Cards on CBC Gem. It's about a disgraced detective and a con woman who are paired up to solve crimes. It's fun and funny. The detective played Dr deLuca on Grey's Anatomy.

Just started watching Tokyo Vice on Crave.
It is predominantly subtitles.

Quite interesting on many levels, though, comes with a warning.
Interesting to see things that I hadn't considered regarding Japanese culture / technology

I saw the Zone of Interest. I expected it to make me uncomfortable, and it did.

Spoiler Alert:

It’s garnered controversy because of the director’s remarks at the Oscars, about Gaza.

The movie itself makes people uncomfortable because either the characters are somewhat relatable - people can see humanness in these monsters - or people are angry at showing the more banal human side of evil rather than showing the perspective of those who were mass imprisoned, abused and murdered.

I don’t think it normalized the characters though. It showed aspects of “normal” German life - sometimes relatable - without normalizing the characters’ attitudes, to the audience. They were sociopathic in how they went about life with a concentration camp just past their backyard. And how the commander was able to compartmentalize his family life and the atrocities. Everyone did that. Especially him. His wife, too. That’s not normal - I don’t think we’re meant to accept it as such - these people were sick, they had social influence, and a whole society became sick. We’re meant to examine how that isn’t “normal” behaviour despite some of the ordinary moments of daily life.

Also some of the sounds and visuals were meant to be unsettling while being unspecific. Sort of a sensory depiction of doom - all is definitely not well - that permeates everything, but isn’t spoken about, while they pretend otherwise. And that pretending was making them more psychologically (if not physically, we’re left to wonder) sick.

Last edited:
*pretending and/ or ignoring

The the partisan underground is the only community that knows what goes down ... all this as waste from they uppers! Recall that prodigal once meant waste and under that Ares placed something under Midnight ... a son eta? Thus we go into relief in observing the writ ... on how to get into the myth, story, ballad as OHM 'r ... "r" once being for the dark roots expressed in √ with a high line ... dreams of numbers????

But one cannot square off with the one that's gone ... out of here by elimination and repulsion ... the root of i ... aye that' sit! Stopped ... light de stilled?

Last edited:
I've been watching Centre Place that has some of the best unbiased lectures on religions including Christianity and others I have heard. Each lecture can last an hour or even longer but seems to pass quickly.

Back