We need a little Christmas now ... 2018 Christmas Music thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Some oldies but goodies
From non-us partz of the world

Byzantine Christmas Carol in Arabic (with English subtitles for the disabled lol)
(This is the kind o music that is like a consciousness raising experience...I wonder if that is intentional, that these ancients knew this, somehow?) Best listened 2 with headphones.

Some Palestinians celebrating Dabekh dance on Christmas Eve

Here's one by Israel gov't, celebrating Wahibism (reminds me of college radio and what the world would b like if everything were political...very boring lol)

Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian places I've read aboot...with Churches in lava and interesting paganChristian monuments
Herez an Ethiopian traditional Christmas(called Gena or Ledet)

Iceland, a teeny island whose indiginous are the Hulderfolk. They get involved in Christmas as well. Here is the Empresz of the Hulderfolk (or Kindly Onez) singing a traditional Icelandic song

Such a magical time of year. A time when even the most restrained Protestant can let loose. Or, in Canada's case, let their couch doilies slip by 2 cm! *sin*!!!

Innie Outie,
Inannawhimsey

Cookies milked for all you can offer for an old goat ... the poor devil may not have that many teef left after all that time in a dark Niche ... tha's Oilie ... nudging the IV eh! A trout (trouth) left to be proven ... after the silly cere*moni*ous affair ...

Cerebral ... or just cereus as waxed ... dark flowering against the White Q ween?

As Tory ... the best you can do when truth is unacceptable due to the environmental denial ... crumby science if observed w/o a care (ANis)!

Pentatonix, the band who seem to release more Christmas songs than non-seasonal material, are at it again. While it frustrates me that they still haven't released a true follow up to their first non-seasonal album, songs like this keep me around. It's the group at their finest, with great lead vocals from Mitch and Kirstin.

Heard this tonite
At a Christmas concert Nutmeg was a part of

Its Estonian called "mis on inimene"
We were told it is sung by some 70,000 peeps
At our concert, we only had room for less than 50 women. Just so.

Lyrics
"What is human?
The shadow of an angel?
Or a cry of yearning
towards a union of souls?
Each of us a pipe
For God's wind to whistle:
Take care then you are cared for."

Also a special treat tonight one of my all time favourite Christmas songs, Riu riu chiu. With a drum. I hooted in joy.

Musical Noise,
Inannawhimsey

Last edited:
The Pogues and the late Kirsty McColl created a modern Christmas classic with Fairytale of New York. Here, Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie sing it, then segue into a lively, Irish-tinged take on Jingle Bells.

And another track from Hound+Fox's Christmas album, this time featuring their friend, occasional collaborator, and Patreon patron Peter Hollens.

And Hollens' own remix of the track from his channel:

And for those of us who just can't get enough
4 hours of Christmas goodness; good to play in the background while baking or cooking

Yule Baphomet,
Inannawhimsey

When You Believe is not, strictly speaking, a Christmas song. It's from Prince of Egypt, a movie about a different Biblical event, namely the Exodus. However, the sentiment kind of fits the season and Pentatonix included it in their Christmas special so I am putting it here. However it's not the group that shines here. They are mostly singing backup for Maren Morris, a marvelous young singer who is new to me. Enjoy.

Is Exodus about when the imaginary cleared out of there and joined the Jude 'n reality powers?

Thus the abstract was lost for lack ... the lack part goes on quite a way as void ... often dark if you don't contribute some Jove AL -ite! Love is sad without a rift or giggle about countering the real gods ... physical law maqon? They have no idea about the abstract clerics and clarks ... menin dark, or mennonite? Flighty humor ... that's the word dependant on position ... know where you're at!

From there we move on ... ye o'man in the stack as some omi Nous ... them are onus ... top side ... Po' decked ... leagues of it ... continuum 've Nous ... bit at a time as mortals cannot stand the hole story ... Bill Blake on men go down to it ... a kinky myth!

Allows abstract myth to immortalize itself temporarily ... dark blots of gestalt?

Last edited:
Back