Truck Convoy.......Should Canada Be Worried?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Shame!
The Canadian charter of rights and freedoms is a document that promises that the government will never resort to these kinds of things.
Download it and post it on your fridge.
No bow down to your god Kim jung Trudeau.

I remember when the government guaranteed that if your bank went broke, they would guarantee your deposits up to $60,000 per bank account. Now if the CBC finds out you donated $100 to a peaceful protest, you can get all your accounts frozen.

You may not like truckers, not sure how you feel you are going to be any safer when they come after you.

Not even a trial, just take your money.

Wake up people!

How can one get over oneself when they don't even know the self's faults --- the Dark Step Mother (deep in the dark glass ... obs-idian, close to the ide I ode)!

If giving out insanity receive it well in return! Natural law on action/reaction from God's darker side ... can't see it?
God is a semi power ... weak in the knees over human foolishness! The rush remains ...

Follow the money, PG-13. Ottawa wasn't really the big deal. It was the border protests, the supply-chain disruptions, and the severe economic impacts of a closed U.S. border that prompted this.

Shame!
The Canadian charter of rights and freedoms is a document that promises that the government will never resort to these kinds of things.
Download it and post it on your fridge.
No bow down to your god Kim jung Trudeau.

I remember when the government guaranteed that if your bank went broke, they would guarantee your deposits up to $60,000 per bank account. Now if the CBC finds out you donated $100 to a peaceful protest, you can get all your accounts frozen.

You may not like truckers, not sure how you feel you are going to be any safer when they come after you.

Not even a trial, just take your money.

Wake up people!

So the truckers rights matter more than those of the people who live in downtown Ottawa? Who have had their livelihoods and even ability to enjoy a good night's sleep impacted? Maybe if this had actually been a peaceful demonstration instead of coming off as a bunch of uncaring, thoughtless a**holes, there would be less sympathy for the government's actions.

Latest on events in Ottawa:

Follow the money, PG-13. Ottawa wasn't really the big deal. It was the border protests, the supply-chain disruptions, and the severe economic impacts of a closed U.S. border that prompted this.
What the government is doing is illegal. It will be like Omar khader, hope everyone gets 10 million each when the dust settles.

The government was closing borders and killing businesses for two years. Just keep Walmart Home Depot and Amazon going.

So the truckers rights matter more than those of the people who live in downtown Ottawa? Who have had their livelihoods and even ability to enjoy a good night's sleep impacted? Maybe if this had actually been a peaceful demonstration instead of coming off as a bunch of uncaring, thoughtless a**holes, there would be less sympathy for the government's actions.

Latest on events in Ottawa:

Again, read the charter of rights, you guys sound so stupid it’s embarrassing. Part of living in a free country is putting up with people who hold different views than you. It doesn’t come with a time limit.

How can you love oppression?

Oh, I forgot, brainwashed by government bought media. Stop watching 3 second sound bytes. They are not designed to convey truth.

Again, read the charter of rights, you guys sound so stupid it’s embarrassing. Part of living in a free country is putting up with people who hold different views than you. It doesn’t come with a time limit.

How can you love oppression?

Oh, I forgot, brainwashed by government bought media. Stop watching 3 second sound bytes. They are not designed to convey truth.
I like the freedom of my chains....or rather rules that give society some semblance of cohesiveness.
There are even rules for protests in Canada...no one begrudged people speaking up or disagreeing...just follow the rules when doing so.

Again, read the charter of rights, you guys sound so stupid it’s embarrassing.
It sounds like you missed the stupidly that I've been hearing from the so called "leaders" of this mess...amazes me how anyone follows them.
Good grief, find someone in the conservative party or from anywhere that's knowledgable about the law if you want to win or captivate the support of others and for God sakes find someone with good presentation skills. I cant imagine any prime minister sitting down to talk about this with any of the representatives the truckers have now.
And for petes sake.... get your leaders to pass out to your members the objectives and goals accompanied with a peaceful plan, otherwise you look like the Ottawa police force twiddling their thumbs at first.
And then if it's not supported by most of the Canadian people...learn how to lose gracefully.

PG-13, you are clearly very influenced by American media.

I've just had a read through of the Charter of Rights, to refresh myself. And I don't see anything that supports protests that disrupt supply chains, the business of governing federally, the mental health of an entire neighbourhood of a city, or the movement of goods in and out of the country.

This was a bogus protest, for totally bogus reasons (yeah, open the border to the unvaccinated, when the U.S. is not doing so - friggin' pointless), financed far too much from outside our country, and by people with totally s**t agendas (like white supremacy).

Show me exactly where in the Charter of Rights, it says that a pack of American-financed yeehaws can illegally occupy a city, and behave like a bunch of nap deprived 2-years-old throwing a tantrum. Even you had to know the first time the Nazi symbols and Confederate toilet paper were flown this whole thing was bogus.

I disagree with you on a lot. This though with no oversight, no court order, etc. Yeah, there's a major loss of freedom there and the threshold of getting here is too low. Especially with how far that could be taken. Just because it's been used in a limited fashion nw doesn't mean it isn't a big concern for what could be done.

I watched the events awhile on Gem Live. I have to admit, the police had a lot more patience than I would have. No use of teargas or water cannons. The time frame alone, shoving people back in a matter of hours. A few people got a bit wet when they refused to walk when arrested and had to be dragged and carried. Can’t avoid that with the snow all around. Whoever wanted to leave still got to leave.
Also, the large majority of people did not resist their arrests and the organizers encouraged them to not resist.
They also did not blame the ones who left before getting arrested.

What I was wondering was what happened at the sports stadium. The live pictures were all from the street at Parliament Hill. Did they leave that alone?

I watched the events awhile on Gem Live. I have to admit, the police had a lot more patience than I would have. No use of teargas or water cannons. The time frame alone, shoving people back in a matter of hours. A few people got a bit wet when they refused to walk when arrested and had to be dragged and carried. Can’t avoid that with the snow all around. Whoever wanted to leave still got to leave.
Also, the large majority of people did not resist their arrests and the organizers encouraged them to not resist.
They also did not blame the ones who left before getting arrested.

What I was wondering was what happened at the sports stadium. The live pictures were all from the street at Parliament Hill. Did they leave that alone?
What's going on at the sports stadium?

Well that is my question. That was the centre of the more hardcore group. Haven’t heard anything about it.
Oooh gotxha. I was asking more the significance of the sports stadium. The what was happening where within Ottawa isn't something I have kept track of well.

Smart move of the police right now, they have put up a fence, replacing the tight line of officers, so that they need less officers to hold the line during the night. Waiting for the protesters to get cold feet.

Back