Thoughts on the Tips Section So far?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
@Pinga , @chansen , @Mendalla , @Alex , @Neo
and whoever else cares to comment.

What do you guys think?
Does the formatting make sense? Are the quotes to jump down to specific topics easy enough for the members to follow (ie. troubleshooting).

I was planning on using similar quotes for the Posting Options and the Profiles & Privacy threads too.

I think showing off the quotes in the basic thread may be a bit too confusing. Any thoughts for clearing that up a bit?

ChemGal, I am really thrilled with what you have done so far. Great stuff. Crazyheart is coming in, so will be a good tester of our items.

Thanks Pinga.

If anyone has any suggestions/criticism don't be shy. I don't mind editting what's there. Basic Posting and Conversations are pretty much to being completed, unless someone things of something else. I'll probably start working on the Posting Options next.

Hey Kimmio, the arrow isn't that obvious on some screens, could you outline where it is, ie beside the name in the quote sectio

Last edited:
lol I think it's my avatar.

I added a comment about the arrow in troubleshooting. I'll make sure it gets added to the other threads as well.

When are you planning on having this open to the preregistered people?

I need to present the timeline, but, the flow is not until the code of conduct is approved. It is currently in review by the moderator team, then, will need to be posted as survey, then 5 days. So....somewhere between one week and ? from now.
That should give time for moderators to talk through moderation, and us to clean up some of these junk threads.

Note: looking at inviting some people to come in and start key threads.
BethAnn - Last Post,
etc

And me time to have what I plan to get done for the tips. Still won`t be finished though, I`m guessing they will be ongoing as people join and ask questions :)

The privacy stuff is important for some people though. The smilies and stuff could have waited, but it was easy and more fun to write up.

I'm crashing right now. I was hoping to get more done today but unless I find some energy later it's not happening. Hopefully I can finish it off this weekend. I've also had another thread in the back of my mind about some of the random stuff ie. posting on someone's profile, trophies, etc. but no biggie if that's started later.
I think the most important stuff is done anyway.

If anyone finds any mistakes in what's up, or if something needs more clarification please let me know!

I think most sections are finished unless new things come up. Other Tips still needs work though. I haven't read through any section completely, so there might be errors. FAQs/Troubleshooting will expand once users are here asking questions.

In Posting Options I haven't figured this out:
Polls:
Display votes publicly - everyone can see the results. If this option is not selected only the person who posted the poll can see the results. THIS IS WRONG! Is this a member/non-member thing?

I like that Basic Posting is on the Home Page. :)
Can it also be stickied so that it stays at the top of the tips section? If that's not working though, it can just be bumped up.

Back