Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Anyone who thinks "witch" is derogatory is throwing the pin and holding the grenade. It's laughable.

It's not a question of it being derogatory at all.

It really is a case of if a man gets named, so does a woman.

It's very biblical to not name women. Makes me nuts.

Carry on.

The entire thread? There's some junk news in there, for sure (who cites the Young Journalists' Club? Ouch), but there's also articles from the BBC and CBC, and a CBC documentary. Given that we did not, until now, have a Saudi among us to set us straight, I thought we were doing okay.

I'm sort of gathering you'd like to set us straight. Which is fine. You can start by referring to our Foreign Affairs minister by her name, instead of a non-naming label, such as "witch", unless you'd like to also describe the Prime Minister by a label, such as "teacher" or "model" or...; then we probably won't know who you're talking about, and then who is talking 'fake news'?

Ok I apologize for calling Freeland a witch. I will take that back.

What has my IP got to do with being a Saudi Canadian? I always go back during the winter! Here is a picture of my passport if thats gonna make make you feel any better.

View attachment 2357

Nothing really. Just me being a paranoid sysadmin. Common in my profession these days. My apologies and, again, welcome to WC2

I always go back during the winter!

Very sensible. I suggest that many of us would avoid it were we able. (And there are, of courses, places in Canada that are less wintry than others; friggin' flowers have been seen elsewhere on the forums.)

Thank you.

Now, can you give us some better information than we've got? @Graeme Decarie, upthread, a retired CBC journalist, favours Al Jazeera (English).

Al-Jazeera has zero credibility and is known to be the mouthpeice of Bin Laden, revolutionary movements and political Islamists. When you are a bible scholar/student you take your information from the bible, from the source not form hearsay. Same when it comes to news. Nowadays the MSM rely on anonymous sources that we as average people have no way of verifying whats being published. They make big headlines and once you start reading and looking for sources you find non. Nearly all news published are cited to anonymous said, someone familiar with the matter, official couldn't be reached for comment. I would take the news from its sources rather than insulting my intelligence by believing what every Tom, Dick, and Harry put forward.

Yes, indeed. those Muslims are almost as bad and as intellectually corrupt as Christians.

It has nothing to do with Islam and Christianity. Its pure politics. Saudi Arabia and Canada are strategic allies and have worked in the past collaboratively starting from war on Afghanistan, countering Iran terror activities that did hurt Canada in the past to chasing ISIS in Iraq and Syria. I am sure you know this guy:

He was the reason behind all this.

This guy was sent to Canada on a scholarship from Saudi Arabia and later joined the liberal party. When the Syria civil war started he flipped on Saudi Arabia just because the Saudis stood firmly against the Muslim brotherhood and Iran expansionist project in the region.

Al-Jazeera has zero credibility and is known to be the mouthpeice of Bin Laden, revolutionary movements and political Islamists.

Known by whom? It seems quite balanced and reasonable to me.

When you are a bible scholar/student you take your information from the bible, from the source not form hearsay.

Well, not really, actually. If you're a scholar, you scour different translations to see if passages agree with each other. You also refer to historical sources for context.

Nowadays the MSM rely on anonymous sources that we as average people have no way of verifying whats being published. They make big headlines and once you start reading and looking for sources you find non. Nearly all news published are cited to anonymous said, someone familiar with the matter, official couldn't be reached for comment.

It's absolutely important to check for sources. And I agree we have some important problems with media today. Real journalists have been cut to the bone. Corporate control is sometimes really obvious, especially regionally (I'm looking at you, New Brunswick, lol), and often nationally.

I would take the news from its sources rather than insulting my intelligence by believing what every Tom, Dick, and Harry put forward.

However, that's even worse, because then you're getting the "opinion" of an average person, and well, you know what they say about opinions. Everyone has one.

And if you're talking about eye witnesses, "on the ground" credibility, ask two people, preferably siblings, to report on the same event.

So, what are you calling for? The independence of the press from both government and corporate control? I'll submit that I don't know where that exists.

Very sensible. I suggest that many of us would avoid it were we able. (And there are, of courses, places in Canada that are less wintry than others; friggin' flowers have been seen elsewhere on the forums.)

Don't look at me. I'm the guy who left Ontario in tbe summer for NL's Great Northern Peninsula.

And as cold as this winter has been I'm still running around in the woods looking for fun stuff.

Very bummed about not finding any evidence of moose. Our snowshoe hare population is massive, not that we are actually seeing any.

The weather is fantastic here is Saudi Arabia. It snows up north but not where I live. While you guys are shoveling I am enjoying my peace of mind. :p

Sky view cafe. :coffee:

Although @Mendalla has noted and accepted your comment, I will note that pictures of passports are a dime a dozen.

I will apprecite reading your viewpoint @Faris , but we learned a while back to not accept everything at face value.

I am intersted in how you stumbled on wondercafe2, and this article in particular?
i

Known by whom? It seems quite balanced and reasonable to me.

Enough to know that Al-Jazeera was the mouthpiece of Osama Bin Laden and is the mouthpiece of the Muslim Brotherhood terror organization, Iranian made militias in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. I am not going to go in details and start posting and refuting many of their reports.

Well, not really, actually. If you're a scholar, you scour different translations to see if passages agree with each other. You also refer to historical sources for context.

Maybe I used a bad example to raise a point but anyway my point still stands that when you want to know about anything you will always refer to the source. If the source is someone familiar with the matter, I take it with a grain of slat. If I want to know about lets say Canada's stances on Venezuela, I would refer to the authority not the BBC, not the CNN not the CBC not the WP or NYT and certainly not Fox News reports.

Referring to different translations to see if passages agree with each other is when you conduct an investigation to reach a conclusion. It has nothing to do with what I said.

]However, that's even worse, because then you're getting the "opinion" of an average person, and well, you know what they say about opinions. Everyone has one.

And if you're talking about eye witnesses, "on the ground" credibility, ask two people, preferably siblings, to report on the same event.

So, what are you calling for? The independence of the press from both government and corporate control? I'll submit that I don't know where that exists.

News are different from opinions. Facts can be proven.

Although @Mendalla has noted and accepted your comment, I will note that pictures of passports are a dime a dozen.

I will apprecite reading your viewpoint @Faris , but we learned a while back to not accept everything at face value.

I am intersted in how you stumbled on wondercafe2, and this article in particular?
i

I am not here to prove that I exist. I am here to encounter baseless arguments. Its up to you to accept or reject what I say.

I came across this forum while searching for something on google.

Back