Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

And why is that? Are not the replication errors, the cellular level mutations in the human cell, the drivers of evolutionary biology? How else would a finch adapt to eat a seed? How else would a single cell suddenly, and uniquely, decide to glom onto its neighbour and create the first multi-celled organism? Why do flies have compound eyes, and humans have water-based ones? Except for replication errors, how would these two different solutions have arisen from the first multi-celled organism with a photosensitive "spot"?

And why is that? Are not the replication errors, the cellular level mutations in the human cell, the drivers of evolutionary biology? How else would a finch adapt to eat a seed? How else would a single cell suddenly, and uniquely, decide to glom onto its neighbour and create the first multi-celled organism? Why do flies have compound eyes, and humans have water-based ones? Except for replication errors, how would these two different solutions have arisen from the first multi-celled organism with a photosensitive "spot"?

Only humans are created in the imago Dei Bette.

I am tired but also confused. What is happening?.
One post was deleted by the mods. I agree, it can be confusing if you have missed the interaction.

I would prefer for the mods to leave the name & avatar in place when they deem that a post needs to be removed. Maybe with a note saying "post deleted by moderator".

Hope you will be back posting soon, Crazyheart. We are thinking of you.

BetteTheRed.......Sounds like a smart way to ease into retirement. It's definitely a big step, psychologically as well as financially. I chose to retire even though I had only a partial pension. But I decided to put into practice what I preach....We only need 'enough', not more than enough in order to live. Everyone seems to have advice about retirement, so here is mine: Do it your way!
It's a big step for sure. I am four years into retirement and still figuring it out. Enjoying it very much but still figuring it all out.

Reactions: Jae
One post was deleted by the mods. I agree, it can be confusing if you have missed the interaction.

I would prefer for the mods to leave the name & avatar in place when they deem that a post needs to be removed. Maybe with a note saying "post deleted by moderator".

Hope you will be back posting soon, Crazyheart. We are thinking of you.
I was thinking the same thing P3. Delete the content & indicate this has been done for whatever reason by the mods. Sometimes I think this was done in the past.

Aaah, I so love how when Jae is in one of his moods, people buy into it, and feed it, and go off track. C'mon folks, just ignore the little guy.

Had a great evening last night with my 'euchre buddies'. Only 5 of us were available this month, so we gathered on the sailboat where one of our members lives all year. It was a unique thing for me to be there in the midst of winter - very cozy & toasty in the cabin. We played a game new to all of us except the host - Code Names. Gave us some brain work to do - first figuring it out, then playing a few rounds! Had lots of laughs and storytelling. I love these monthly gatherings with these women. @Pinga - have you ever played Code Names at your games nights?

Gorgeous sunshine today - heading downtown to exchange some yarns & knitting supplies I got for Xmas. Will meet a friend at the store too, so he can pick out yarn for me to kit him a beanie :) Looking forward to being out and about in the sunshine & bustle.

Ok, so....who has what going on this lovely Saturday morning.

I wsa on a call re Five Oaks: moving forward, talking through issues.

I am reminded once again how important it is to pick up the phone and TALK to people.

I had a hell of a week due to a company shipping critical equipment with the wrong operating system, not once, but twice.
In the end, I was very blunt and said "get out of email, and get a call together with the right people".

That resulted in a call with a VP that I know quite well from the company, and the problem being addressed (I hope...)

I know that my skills are valuable and valued.
As I traveled home last night, and am going out again on Tuesday, I wondered though, how do I rein this in and get the planned balance back to 60% instead of 100%. Delays not of my doing, from startup to things like incorrect shipment have meant the balance is off.
Time to start to think of additional resources that can help to resolve this issue, but still drive the quality of deliverable that I want my company's brand on.

Not necessary, in my opinion.

It's very important as a repeated pattern may indicate that something else is going on than poorly made posts.

By the way all, this kind of extreme censorship is mentioned nowhere in a user agreement, nowhere in the community guidelines. Probably best the idea be forgotten.

Is there a story behind the beanie, @Carolla?

I am knitting a blanket with bulky yarn right now. Simplest pattern ever:

Row 1: P1 (K1 P1) to end
Row 2: K to end

With a garter stitch border.

Reactions: Jae
Back