Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Fresh bread and goat stew.

Wow. Where do you get goat from? Do you do a Jamaican curry or?

It was a beautiful day. Bible study, daughter did D's nails for her trip, took her home, big guy and I prepped dinner. Kid stayed for dinner, fixed a nail, had a beer or two together. And it's May Day.

Here, some of the Asian stores carry goat. They are nominally East Asian but seem to pull clientele from several ethnic communities, including Caribbean, South Asian, Middle Eastern, as well as the expected Chinese, Koreans, etc.

I forgot it was May Day! My husband and I used to celebrate this day intentionally as the first day we saw possibilities for a relationship...so, not the first, date, and not the first time we met. But we forgot to even mention it today! But we did visit local grandson and played outside for an hour, and then went across the river to visit two more grandsons and played for over an hour. I hurt all over but it was worth it!

Wow. Where do you get goat from? Do you do a Jamaican curry or?

The goat came from a back to the land family. They are happily raising goats, a milk cow, a couple of sheep, some chickens and a pile of home schooled children. Unfortunately their dream of making money selling goats - dead or alive - didn't pan out. so we need a new goat breeder for next year.

We have done curries and a variety of stew like things in addition to the usual roasts and chops.

We're in the process of moving across the street within the park. What a lot of work for a small move
I once was boarding with a couple their small child and a fellow student.

We would be described as hippies. The husband has an independent bookstore, the wife worked full-time at the student campus newspaper. The other student was in integrated studies and smoked a lot of weed.

Nothing was packed.
Take plates out, go next door, figure out where to put plates, etc.

Still shudder to think about it!

I think short moves are hell

Good morning! For May Day observances, goat stew and other goat dishes, time with family, short-distance moves, for all the things that will come up today, we gather round the Coffee Cart to chat about it, to enjoy each other's company, nd to drink coffee and tea, and indulge in baked goodies. Come in when you have a chance to today, and join in! Coffee is always fresh, tea water always ready. All are welcome.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Thought drifts toward a friend that received neurosurgery in a Boston institution along with some demented room mate.

Now they hit the road back to Maine with the rest of the demented on the roadways ... still raging ... road rage? It exists ... organized insanity is driven order ...

In Car Nate ... once known as Nathan ... scattering literature skills ... to those initially unaware ... not WOKE? Like a bunch of vultures ... AH wake 'nin ja ... Jah that's the Wae ... us? It must go through ... what? That's a challenge ... de bored ... de borah? A prize to trash ... Planck! Helical wedgÆ ... wed gaet! Jit knees?

Extend it ... so the myth expands ... that mortal knowledge is in humane!

Last edited:
Greetings. Today will be a quieter day. I was supposed to have lunch with some cancer buddies but we've moved it to Tuesday because a couple of them couldn't join us today. It's a lovely sunny day so the afternoon will include a campfire with remaining park friends.

Annual regional council meeting all weekend...beginning tomorrow. I have a few responsibilities. Looking forward to the church service though, where our minister becomes ordained, and I sing in a joint choir, and the music will fill a ballroom...Should be beautiful. The moderator is here all weekend too.

Back