Resolution - to read the Bible

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Now I look forward to the time of advent, preparing myself and my household for the joy of Christmas when the babe will be born again.

Now that you've done a fine job of keeping your resolution to read the Bible, what book will you tackle next?

There is also conflict in the New Testament as well. In Matthew, Mark, and Luke I find a really human Jesus. A person who grew in wisdom and stature; who got hungry, tired – who fell asleep in the boat during a storm, a person dependent on others for food and shelter as he travelled about the countryside on foot. A person who could be reasoned with; a person who changed his mind; noticed little things birds and flowers, seeds and children. I see him as a person who was lonely in a crowd, who often felt misunderstood even by his closest friends, and finally suffering alone, abandoned by his followers and seperated from God. I also see him as a person so filled with the love of God that that love spread out to other people even those who questioned him and finally even to those who tortured him. He was a person so filled with the Spirit of God that those closest to him saw that Spirit within him and identified him with the Spirit so that even after he died they became aware of that Spirit among them - nothing even death on the cross could separate them. Christ is alive.

In the Gospel of John I found an entirely different Jesus – a Jesus who knew from the beginning that he was the son of God, the anointed one, Messiah, Christ. He knew what people were thinking, he knew ahead of time what was going to happen; he was God incarnate, in the flesh, but still all-knowing and all-powerful. In other words he and the father were and are One.

There is also conflict in the epistles – so much so that I cannot believe all the letters accredited to Paul were actually written by Paul. I find this particularly in the different view of how people should think about women, children, slaves, and Gentiles. Paul seems very open and accepting. He treats all as equals, brothers and sisters in the Lord. However the early churches gradually changed to accept the status quo – people should be content in the role to which they are born.

In fact it seems that throughout his ministry Paul was followed around and harassed by a group of people who attacked his work and teaching and substituted their own understanding as the only true one. While reading and meditating and posting my thoughts on these passages, I felt I could identify with Paul in that I was followed around and criticized. It took some of the joy I felt reading the scriptures and sharing my meditations. Thanks to all those who encouraged and supported me, who gave their own views without attacking mine, and allowed room for discussion and growth.

All in all I consider achieving my resolution in reading the scriptures all the way through to have been a worthwhile and fulfilling experience.

And there is still more tomes in the stacks to be read about the conceptions of everything an nothing in the amalgamation of alien and opposed perceptions ... a stage whee must past through to get to the back una veiled? What it 'aches to be contemplative in a priorly motivated world by ghosts of aboriginal essence ... go partisan .. deep into the Darker Forest with the Ham's etc. Parsdigm's of MS Understanding Psyche is upset ... resembling a sleeper, a bote in a storm ... brainstorm with excess motivations? That's the mysterious vessel ... Sacred Grail Ness ... the darker fluid inner cups ... look deep and be well ... after the scene of yourself ... mere'd and belittled once seen!

Some say Christ the Light is rogue in a world wishing for dark activities ... in order to get a head ... and I am reminded of that lassie with the Black Velvet Band ... honking out temptations ... Black Swan Theory? Man stay close to home ... Che'z can be tempted Tous ... that's all there is ... chi zae ...:angel:

The sphere we reside in is so dark ... virtually unknown to larger visions ... could be fallout, or logical fallacy in principles ... them dark 2's! Lip az OI'd conjoining of mysterious conditions of sol ... in DNA that's lipids ... appearing as chiral ...

Moor that people don;t like to know due to circumstantial goings on ... and require responsibility and respect ... tis rationed it seems ...

In alien literature you can read into Ide ... primal constructs have a bit of english in the spin ... weaving and clipped all along!

Out on the Moira ... needing a jig ...

Last edited:
Yes, this was an interesting journey you follow you on, Seeler. Has reading it through, start to finish, for the ?th time, changed you, or your opinions, even a little?

Now that you've done a fine job of keeping your resolution to read the Bible, what book will you tackle next?

After finishing reading the Bible, I also finished my book club's December selection: "the storied life of AJ Fikry", a novel.
Throughout Advent, in addition to my readings for the Jesse tree, I will probably relax with a chicken soup for the soul book "the joy of Christmas"that I picked up at a yard sale.
Next on my list is my January book club book "ice ghosts", related to the topic of my last novel "ships for the Arctic" as it is about the Franklin expedition.

Reactions: Jae
I am very sorry @Seeler that I did not follow this thread more closely. Especially since I am about to embark on a similar project. Thanks for suggesting I share my daily perspectives on WC2.

Yes, this was an interesting journey you follow you on, Seeler. Has reading it through, start to finish, for the ?th time, changed you, or your opinions, even a little?

Good question Bette. Definitely changed some – it's difficult to know just what without reflecting on it for a while longer. Certainly there were some things that I had forgotten or surprised me that I either didn't know or understood an entirely different way. I detected some of my bias, realized how much some of what I have read in the past is no longer relevant to me, and how much some of what I have learned has become part of me so that I claim as my own. I also realize that other people approach Scripture differently than I do but that differences in opinion, interpretation, experiences, and understanding have been with us since been little times and still enlighten us through this through discussion for those who are open minds.
Rather than 'changing' me, I think I could truthfully say that it has affirmed where I am now and encouraged me to continue my spiritual search.
As I said, I enjoyed reading and sharing, and founded a worthwhile activity.

Spiritual searches in essence endless as there is no end to nothing ... tis out there ... yes! beyond the physically enamoured to fixation ... staffing and skewering of versable (defined as capable of turning)! Diction; Aries with variable twists to the visions ... alternately greatly unnoticed as other books of explanation! Yet the vernacular overrules?

Stuff of indeterminate folks lure ... shifty or shifting as we go ... tempting us toward what's unknown? Tis a dark field of etude ... multi in nature as fractal!

Back