Pierre Poilievre...What Does He Stand For?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Waterfall

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
They say PP would clobber Trudeau if an election were held today, but of course that isn't expected until 2025.
In the meantime, let's talk about what he and his party stand for and what they intend to do if they won the lection

No. Never did and never will as long as they are dedicated to supporting benefits for the privileged and pain for everyone else. I resent their promotion of hatred and division and their disregard for the law and justice. Only voted once for Liberals and that was for their candidate in Halifax. Probably not again.

Poilievre is a relative moderate as the CPC goes today (lets not forget that among those competing against him for the job was a rabid anti-abortion advocate so it could have been worse) but his stances on things like vaccination and COVID closures/quarantines, not mention his open support of the convoy, make him a no-go. And I am not convinced that his "deal with the Devil", ie. winning the leadership support from the party's right wing, isn't going to result in some kind of action on their pet issues as a quid pro quo. If I was a trans or pro-choice activist, I would be out campaigning against the CPC, lets put it that way.

As for him winning in 2025, I think the key to him not doing so would be provoking their right wing to say as many stupid things about how they are doing to use their power when they have a majority as possible. At minimum, that should guarantee that the seat-rich regions of the East and BC turn on them.

Of course, a new Liberal leader would help, too, but I'm uncertain that will happen. It might take losing in 2025 to make Trudeau realize his time is up.

But the story going about is that the populace loves extremity because of their desire for the lack of insubstantial virtue ...

Thus you can vote with total freedom ... knowing nothing whatsoever!

They say PP would clobber Trudeau if an election were held today, but of course that isn't expected until 2025.
In the meantime, let's talk about what he and his party stand for and what they intend to do if they won the lection
This is my fav interview with him. 1 year ago by Gay Canadian cartoonist, writer and maker of fun Canadian videos, J J McCullough.

So neat that this can happen in Canada -- God bless the internet :3

Too bad I cannot turn his BS into fertilizer for my garden. I am not sure how much of what he says is ignorance and how much is deliberate deceipt.
And how much is you? Always importang for the scientist to pay attention to the tools being used to make the observation

Keep track of your feelings in regards to J J McCullough now...esp if you transfer your thoughts and feelings regarding PP to him

I find it invaluable to have these experiences and being able to pay attention to belief formation as they happen :3

Too bad I cannot turn his BS into fertilizer for my garden. I am not sure how much of what he says is ignorance and how much is deliberate deceipt.
I actually still think Erin O'Toole was the best leader they've put forward in the past decade or so. And even he got hamstrung by his right wing.

Oh and of course I am never going to vote for our Feds because I now know the cut of all their jibs

Standing O for SS

Never forget
Never again

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid

Everything has everything to do with everything ... because we know almost nothing of the political deceit!

Thus we on the nothing side are displaced by everything that we are deficient in knowledge about ... because of misinformation feeds ...

Also, PP does not explain how to cut taxes without cutting spending that helps poor people.

He talks about high deficits in the 90s but does not include the information that most of those deficits belong to the Mulroney government.

When Chretien and Martin cut spending, the big losers included sick people, people needing affordable housing, and social services. The cut in spending on public housing contributes to the shortage of affordable housing today.

He offered nothing of a plan for the climate crisis.

Most of what he says is pie in the sky or just wrong.

I do not know if Trudeau has terrible advisors or just does not understand what is needed.

Polievre thinks the trucker 'protests' were peaceful? Where was he doing that time? Blockading a city for three weeks, honking horns at all hours of the day and night, barging into a soup kitchen for the homeless and demanding to be fed, blocking 2 international bridges, in Windsor, ON and in Alberta... seems they were about as 'peaceful' as those 'peaceful tourists' who rushed the U. S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, or the 'peaceful' French citizens who charged the Bastille in 1789. If that's Mr. Polievre's take on the trucker invasion (peaceful protests wouldn't have required the invocation of the Emergency Powers Act to resolve, btw) then he wasn't paying attention.

Imagine the life of big birds as mostly blind to the smaller flights ... the real vision from up there is how to deal with the advantage given!

That mumbling about Bitcoin as a viable national currency a few years back had me convinced he was not only unhinged, but actually dangerous. He would sink us like a ship.
yeah *sigh*
i cringed when i saw Zelensky incorporating that type of currency into his country and even created a special role in his gov't to look over it
hopefully the boosters of crypto have been mostly gentled -- that huge fraud case will probably cool many boosters

Polievre thinks the trucker 'protests' were peaceful? Where was he doing that time? Blockading a city for three weeks, honking horns at all hours of the day and night, barging into a soup kitchen for the homeless and demanding to be fed, blocking 2 international bridges, in Windsor, ON and in Alberta... seems they were about as 'peaceful' as those 'peaceful tourists' who rushed the U. S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, or the 'peaceful' French citizens who charged the Bastille in 1789. If that's Mr. Polievre's take on the trucker invasion (peaceful protests wouldn't have required the invocation of the Emergency Powers Act to resolve, btw) then he wasn't paying attention.
I grok

Peaceful -- not involving violence
There was so much going on all over (plenty of opprtunity to find your not peaceful white crow), so many different people that I am glad it didn't get horribly violent :( massive gun battles, raping Liberals, singing Nickelback songs...

And compared to the BLM protests & riots, definitely more peaceful (but again, BLM isn't a monolith)

Of course, I can find other movements to compare the Trucker Protest to...like Vietnam War...the Killing Fields...

Of course, since you believe in anti-racism still (?), microaggressions, and that Canada is rife with systemic racism...the protest was seriously violent?

That is ok :3

You don't have to come up with justifications for you not wanting to vote for him

Back