Notices: Messages on top of screen

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
g_d definitely wears spandex

images

a real, actual book
[image source: google image search]

Correct -- @Pr. Jae , @Inannawhimsey , @Luce NDs -- this thread is about Notice functionality and is in the forum Tips & Techniques. If you want to have conversations about something else, please start a new thread so that this can stay a technical discussion.

Reactions: Jae
Sorry for contributing to your derailment, mom

*scuffles foot-equivalent, eyes downcast, and walks out of the room, whistling a tuneful tune...out to see the dragons playing with the omnicorns*

Oh, that was a council decision. Moderators approved removal of post. The use of "I" was missed in the writeup. It was a group decision. unanimous.

Pr. Jae said:
Someone on Council wrote on the most recent notice, "Recently she began a thread, which I permanently deleted, that we believe was a digging expedition..." Who is the mysterious "I"?

That was me. I am the "mysterious I" who deleted the thread and wrote the notice.

As I'm sure many others are, I'm very thankful to the Council for the actions you unanimously took to safeguard this virtual community and the members thereof.

8765366_orig.gif

Now on behalve of me and myself where did you place the eliminated I as now many of U mystery folks cannot any longer see through IT? We're now blind mysteries ... perhaps mythical? Why you can't see our point!

Luce NDs said:
Now on behalve of me and myself where did you place the eliminated I as now many of U mystery folks cannot any longer see through IT?

I presume this is a serious question.

I would love to give it a serious and respectful response.

At this point in time I am not able to decipher the actual question being asked. Is it possible for you to rephrase the question in a more conventional manner?

Luce NDs said:
We're now blind mysteries ... perhaps mythical?

While I appreciate that there are many here to which mystery could fairly be applied I don't know if that speaks to blindness. I think all of us have the capacity to see though I think some have to deal with blinders of one kind or another. Communication is funny that way.

Luce NDs said:
Why you can't see our point!

Not really sure who "you" or "our" are supposed to be.

Communication fails in one of three ways, I either fail to communicate what I intend to another, that other fails to understand what I intended to communicate or I fail to communicate what I intend and the other fails to understand what I managed to communicate despite my intention.

There would be myriad motivations in each element. Do I want the other to understand, do I throw code at the other which they have no knowledge of? Do I listen to what the other is saying or do I invent meanings important to me and absent from the other? Do I speak in code and allow the other to imagine more than interpret?

I suspect a lot of observation would need to happen before all of us knew for certain just what exactly was going on.

I wasn't sure what to make of the notices at first. Now that I've seen them at work, and have seen a specific message today, I can appreciate them. Thanks for continuing your work to make this a great place.

I presume this is a serious question.

I would love to give it a serious and respectful response.

At this point in time I am not able to decipher the actual question being asked. Is it possible for you to rephrase the question in a more conventional manner?

While I appreciate that there are many here to which mystery could fairly be applied I don't know if that speaks to blindness. I think all of us have the capacity to see though I think some have to deal with blinders of one kind or another. Communication is funny that way.

Not really sure who "you" or "our" are supposed to be.

Communication fails in one of three ways, I either fail to communicate what I intend to another, that other fails to understand what I intended to communicate or I fail to communicate what I intend and the other fails to understand what I managed to communicate despite my intention.

There would be myriad motivations in each element. Do I want the other to understand, do I throw code at the other which they have no knowledge of? Do I listen to what the other is saying or do I invent meanings important to me and absent from the other? Do I speak in code and allow the other to imagine more than interpret?

I suspect a lot of observation would need to happen before all of us knew for certain just what exactly was going on.

You've never heard of the Trinitarian: me, myself and I? The me is a small thing. The myself is the thinking part of the attribute that digest things like words, a devilish thing called "ego" in Cyrillic-based languages and it could function in a seeing mode without the great I ... sometimes Cyclops in Greek mythology as the vision of the subconscious watcher.

Now John if you believe in a fixed definition of a wise god this abstract thing might go right over you head and be hyper, or even super something-or-other. With some abstract input ... or humbly as hypo it could go innate and be inside your physical focus ... and thus you could miss the point if you couldn't get through the metaphysical wall ...

I've been told by many that god is pure love and thus does not like abstract things like isolated minds. Then if such a god loved knowledge and wisdom would he/she/IT appeal to philosophers of extended strange words and thus celebrate Pentecostal Jiggs in linguistics? That would be a harmonic dance of ethers ... right? Then aesthetic things like minds would resonate in isolation ...

Wouldn't that be a booty to collect or gather?

Okay, folks. If what you have to say has nothing to do with the notices, then please take it to another thread. This thread was supposed to be merely a way to inform people as to how to clear the notices once they have read them. Any discussion of the content of notices should be done in a separate thread in an appropriate forum.

Thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back