Living with disability

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Anna Baryshnikov Dickinson GIF by Apple TV

The one person on the radio was a disability advocate who spoke against bill c-7.
It was a really good dialogue. Did anyone listen to it?

The one person on the radio was a disability advocate who spoke against bill c-7.

I heard it ... really defined the divide!

I still ponder my Dad's stance that everyone wishes to live ... then in his last week he asked me to take him out of the hospital and shoot him!

What evolved?

I heard it ... really defined the divide!

I still ponder my Dad's stance that everyone wishes to live ... then in his last week he asked me to take him out of the hospital and shoot him!

What evolved?
We’re not talking about people in their last week anymore, though. Bill C7 means people not dying can be “treated” with lethal poison.

If it was the professor who has a disability, I heard him. None of that...absolutely none of that...is new information that hasn’t come up in the past 5 years. None of the CBC programs, nothing. Nothing is new. People only now hear it AFTER the Bill is passed.

im still steaming pissed. I‘m still grieving the loss...the loss of humanity in this world that allowed this human rights travesty to happen. You didn’t hear me. You weren’t my friends.

Kimmio, I thought that maybe we could talk about a conversation between a well respected activist and another disabled person.
Clearly, we cannot.

You are unable to converse with ANYONE who does not agree solely with you.

I am leaving this thread.
You can rant, and you can rale, you can threaten to leave, you can say that i am ableist, or call me any name in the book.

In the end, what i have realized is there no way to converse with you, other than to say "i agree wholeheartedly with what you say. Tell me more. I shall sit at your feet and listen and worship your knowledge and point of view."

Kimmio, I thought that maybe we could talk about a conversation between a well respected activist and another disabled person.
Clearly, we cannot.

You are unable to converse with ANYONE who does not agree solely with you.

I am leaving this thread.
You can rant, and you can rale, you can threaten to leave, you can say that i am ableist, or call me any name in the book.

In the end, what i have realized is there no way to converse with you, other than to say "i agree wholeheartedly with what you say. Tell me more. I shall sit at your feet and listen and worship your knowledge and point of view."
What YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND is that the other side is ableist, is against international human rights and is not the majority opinion of disabled people in Canada. It’s like a 95/5 split and you are trying to say “both sides”. When that’s a lie, prepared by the well funded Dying with Dignity Lobby. That there are two valid and humane sides to this...is a lie, Pinga. And everybody else who believes it. Its a lie. It’s just a “soft” easing in to far right eugenics, by framing the killing of disabled people as compassionate and dignified. Hitler did that too. He used such words. He’s cheering from hell - if there is such a thing besides this hell on earth we’ve entered - about the evil genius of making it appear to be a “choice” because too many privileged people are too ignorant to see that it isn’t. Remember, Hitler also worked his evil bs on people who were privileged and ignorant.

Last edited:
And no...I will not back down from my position, I will not listen to pro C7 arguments because they are all deadly bigoted, and I will not apologize for it.

First they came for ___ and I did not speak up because I was not ___ . ...Here we go again.

If you don’t stand with disability rights proponents... can you imagine one day in 10 to 15 years when maybe Chemguy becomes disabled and can’t work much, too - and maybe your parents are gone and haven’t left you a huge nest-egg - having to pay out of pocket for the full cost your blood products, and whatever his needs are too because, it wasn’t subsidized for anyone anymore?

MAiD for the disabled is about culling the weak, disadvantaged, and poor. MAiD waits for the day when it preys upon people whose options are limited, like the Grim Reaper, come early. It’s eugenics.
Seriously?
I made a good change - not just for me, but everyone in the area on home blood products and you decide to get nasty with a personal concern about not being able to treat a deadly illness?

Well, the two had a great conversation. Luckily the person who you consider valid decided to have a conversation.
Decided to have a conversation? The mainstream media, AFTER the law has been passed, has graciously now allowed a few people from the real disability community - the community that stands up for our human rights to live and has for over 50 years - to speak. Disabled people on the Dying with Dignity side are a small percentage, and they are against disabled people’s lives. The disability rights community been trying to get even close to this level of media and press for years. There are people who hold themselves well on the radio. But the disability community has every reason to be raging pissed, hurt, and feeling let down by the rest of Canada. I‘m ashamed of Canada right now. I’m here being real and I’m not going to pander to anyone on this issue, anymore.

Last edited:
Seriously?
I made a good change - not just for me, but everyone in the area on home blood products and you decide to get nasty with a personal concern about not being able to treat a deadly illness?
Nasty? Not at all. I’m asking you to consider the future for disabled people. How else can I make a point to you...without pointing out “it could happen to you”? I wish you were on our side.

Also...To those who think I need to give equal time to opposing views. Screw you. You got too much time. You had the biggest platforms the whole time. And because of that my human rights and those of all people with disabilities, were rolled back by 80 years. So screw you. Nobody has any obligation to give your ableist views equal time.

Back