Living in Canada as a foreigner

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s variably true. But, on the plus side, the BC coast is also the most fantastic. Though, I’d bet the East Coast is probably pretty great, too. The salty sea air is good for you.

As a maritimer (born and baptized in Fredericton), I must ask, when was the last time you visited the east coast Kimmio?

Prices of food are expected to go up everywhere in the new year, except in the Maritimes (they may go down).

https://cdn.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/management/News/News & Events/Canada Food Price Report ENG 2019.pdf

Ooh, on page 13 it says there was a bread price-fixing scandal between 2001-2015 (I did not know this but I did notice that the crappy mass produced supermarket bread was way too expensive, which drove up the prices of the better bread)...and suggests there could be more scandals in the food industry. Prices went down after that scandal broke...so, who knows?

Last edited:
Have you ever heart physical beings make fantastic claims about knowing nothing ... or knowing anything at all? Such thinking is hard to process into thought ...

Especially when there is this great dash to be totally in love ... a state where one might lose a great Dei'L ... celtic demon called Dan ... or Dannon ... as non is like "in" an appearance of something as flow gestion ... as if something is ingested between two little folk ... a gesture in which things could come of it! When put to dark smears on the page it gets more chaotic ... thus prop a gate'n ... and that old saying the gate is wide but narrow the way ... like immersing oneself in roadrunners and mockingbirds ... thus myths are bourne!

Carry on ... like cargo gods ... and the heaviness of the darker side ... when it is hard to open the Ayers ...

Some of us wash regularly and some take up politics ... a dirty business ... a mire opinion from unseen powers ... vague and dark ... occult? Someone didn't choose to hear it ... portion of the 3 mon qui roue ... satyr?

That'd make the mire powers dance ... dervish? Shadow is cast on the mire ... sometimes a long lion ...string of lyric?

Folks, reminder. This is guest speakers area to reflect on being newcomer to canada.

Maybe the series of posts re bc should move?

Um, can we take the geographic beauty debate somewhere else, please and thank you? That's not the topic of this thread.

:ninja: by @Pinga .:rolleyes:

Folks, reminder. This is guest speakers area to reflect on being newcomer to canada.

Maybe the series of posts re bc should move?
Sorry m'dear,
Just trying to provide perspective on another part of "Canada" :3
(And yes, people in BC should move...ha HA)
Personally I love hearing foreigners talk aboot the places I've visited or lived in; they tend 2 b more..."objective"...they tend not to have the nationalism and other proplace social norms and a body and neurology and etc thst didn't evolve in that area imho that insight is worth more than its weight in gold pressed latinum

Like it took me a trip to Netherlands 2 find out I had an accent lol

Jhodpur Sandal,
Inannawhimsey
Ps those who want can go to the Cascadia thread

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on being new to Canada. We are a large country and do have some customs that are specific to a geographic area.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on being new to Canada. We are a large country and do have some customs that are specific to a geographic area.
Thanks Tabitha. I do not mean to generalize or be offensive. I do understand that my experiences are very particular to Winnipeg.

In Winnipeg, it looks like there wasn’t much precipitation in Nov. (probably snow vs rain) - it was pretty clear - and it was minus 12 on November 19th! October had bizarre weather! On October 12th it was about +2 On October 18th I saw that it was +23! That is a weird weather pattern. How does one prepare to dress for a week like that?

Winnipeg, Manitoba - Monthly Calendar - The Weather Network
Thanks for all the info on BC, @Kimmio!
Winnipeg's weather has been swinging a lot, indeed. The day it was 18C was AMAZING LOL
A few days ago we had - 22, today it started it - 14 and now it's - 9. Later this week we'll have - 2.
But I've come to realize damp weather bothers me much.more than the cold.

That’s one thing about Victoria that’s better than Vancouver; it rains about half as much. Vancouver has deluges...luckily it has hills and a good drainage system! And when it rains in Victoria it’s more often intermittent throughout the day - rains on and off - with sun. The week Bette was here was the wettest week here - it was really rainy - that I can remember. In Vancouver, those weeks happen more often.

I guess you’d have to come and see for yourself. No place is perfect and it depends what you need most.

We do get the privelege of seeing these more often, out here. On the bright side...

Double rainbow spotted over Vancouver (PHOTOS)

Last edited:
Today is a rainy day and I’m staying inside. Yesterday was better, more of a lovely mist. :)

I am someone who, because of my walking disability, would really struggle with a lot of frequent ice and snow on the roads and sidewalks. It would be more dangerous. A bit of water doesn’t pose the same risk. So, I am glad to be here for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back