Keystroke logger?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

That just happened to me when I was posting on the election thread. Don't think it's a logger, but haven't delved into it yet. I was on my phone. You're still using an iPad? Just trying to determine the range of devices/browsers affected.

That just happened to me when I was posting on the election thread. Don't think it's a logger, but haven't delved into it yet. I was on my phone. You're still using an iPad? Just trying to determine the range of devices/browsers affected.

I've noticed lags on my entries when using a keyboard ... ending in multiple backwards words ... maybe my unconscious psyche?

Yeah. It seems to be on the site not my device. Though revealing type of device - is that a good idea? Oh well. Whatever the reason, I typed "cease and desist with the key logger a**hole" - then erased it. Just in case that helps deter them, if that is the issue. If it is, I'm onto it. Lol.

Yeah. It seems to be on the site not my device. Though revealing type of device - is that a good idea? Oh well. Whatever the reason, I typed "cease and desist with the key logger a**hole" - then erased it. Just in case that helps. Lol.

It looks like Luce has it, too, but determining device is still important, Kimmio. PM me if you prefer, but a problem that only shows on mobile devices needs to be handled differently from one that shows in all environments. BTW, a keyboard logger pretty much has to reside on the end user device. The whole point is to capture the keystrokes before they get encrypted or masked or otherwise made invisible by the site's security so having it on the back end misses the point.

It looks like Luce has it, too, but determining device is still important, Kimmio. PM me if you prefer, but a problem that only shows on mobile devices needs to be handled differently from one that shows in all environments. BTW, a keyboard logger pretty much has to reside on the end user device. The whole point is to capture the keystrokes before they get encrypted or masked or otherwise made invisible by the site's security so having it on the back end misses the point.
A key logger can't easily be put on an ipad. I looked it up in the last several hours. The device has to be jail-broken. Mine are not. It only happens here, too, btw.

Last edited:
A key logger can't easily be put on an ipad. I looked it up in the last several hours. The device has to be jail-broken. Mine are not.

Yeah, mobile devices in general are harder to infect with any kind of trojan since they mostly use very modern, secure OSes. Even Android is fairly safe now that Google is checking Play Store apps more rigorously (the main way of getting anything on to a Droid used to be making an app containing the malware and posting it in the Google Play Store).

Back