I don't vaccinate my child because it's my right to determine which diseases come back

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

My personal prediction? Soon you will have to be re vaccinated for measles in your teens and as an adult. And eventually, over time, that won't be enough. The good news is we probably won't be around to witness it.

The admin of the UU Facebook group on posted this old editorial by Margaret Wente on the subject. She's fairly conservative so I often disagree with her, but this time we're on the same side.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/measles-is-back-it-had-help/article13359533/

(Yes, it is old and predates the recent measles outbreak at Disneyland but the poster who called attention to it is an American so likely didn't see it when it was originally published).

Last edited:
Polio has been eliminated Mendalla? Were you not informed of it's new name after the vaccine was brought out? Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFB) Of course, it's unknown how many cases have occurred because WHO stopped tracking them during the 90's.

From the very article you posted:

They also know this is definitely not polio, which has been eradicated in the United States since 1979; all five children, including Sofia, were vaccinated against the virus.

Also from your article: (Short version: They don't yet know what it is, but it ain't polio. May be enterviruses but they haven't been able to link all cases to them.)

Van Haren said two of the five California children have tested positive for enterovirus 68, or EV-68, a rarely reported virus that comes from the same family as polio.

Yet another enterovirus, called EV-71, has caused larger outbreaks of acute flaccid paralysis. But when it comes to EV-68, there is only one isolated case in the scientific literature linking the virus with paralysis; it is predominantly linked with mild illnesses like the common cold. In Canada, for example, only 82 cases of EV-68 have been reported since 1999 — all were linked to respiratory issues and none caused paralysis, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

But the EV-68 finding is also non-conclusive. It was only found in nasal swabs and its presence could be entirely coincidental.

“It could be that they just had a cold at the same time, and the paralysis is caused by some other agent,” said Dr. Tim Booth, director of the viral diseases division at Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory.

Booth noted that in many cases of acute flaccid paralysis, no cause is ever found. In one study from India, investigators were unable to find a cause for roughly 70 per cent of the acute flaccid paralysis cases they analyzed.

Please read the article you're posting, wf. In this case it refutes the very point you are claiming it makes.

Please know that at the time of the polio vaccine, there were many types of polio, much the same as cancer. The same article says it's a "mystery", need a new name again I guess.

There are many that would tell us that measles was on the decline before the measles vaccine. (A 95% decline)

All I'm suggesting here is, why are we all so against one another in finding a cure? Why are those against the vaccines seen as the enemy? Surely we can all put our heads together? IMO somewhere down the road these vaccines lose their efficacy.

https://myelitis.org/resources/tma-...accid-myelitis-understanding-recent-outbreak/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaccid_paralysis

Last edited:
Please know that at the time of the polio vaccine, there were many types of polio, much the same as cancer. The same article says it's a "mystery", need a new name again I guess.

There are many that would tell us that measles was on the decline before the measles vaccine. (A 95% decline)

Cites need for both, wf. "Many that would tell us" is not evidence on any scale.

All I'm suggesting here is, why are we all so against one another in finding a cure? Why are those against the vaccines seen as the enemy? Surely we can all put our heads together? IMO somewhere down the road these vaccines lose their efficacy.

We cannot talk because the anti-vaxxers deny the basis for the discussion, which is science. The only scientific paper that supports their core position (that vaccines do more harm than good) was discredited and withdrawn and they will not accept any of the valid, accepted papers that support vaccination.

A cure is reactive. It only works if you get the disease. Vaccines and other preventative measures are proactive. They keep you from getting the disease in the first place. We need to pursue both cures and vaccines but if we have a proactive measure like a vaccine, we should be using it first. The reactive measure should only be for those who don't respond to the proactive measure for some reason.

And "IMO" from someone with 0 scientific background isn't a reason for anything. If you can cite a scientific paper that shows vaccines losing their effectiveness, then we can talk.

We should be looking for the cause.

I will look for those scientific papers you need, but I have to tell you it is very hard to find legitimate analysis when the internet is saturated with the articles for the pro vaccinators and quacks against.

I remember trying to find statistics on the efficacy of the flu shot now that it's been around for at least 30 years. Have the morbidity rates changed from pre and post vaccine, hard to find out the answers to that one.Right now my facility(fully vaccinated) has an outbreak along with most of Niagara region, whoops missed the right strain this year in the flu shot, well it happens.....

If God is a mystery, should we be investigating for a cure for love sic folk?

If we come to conclusions about the void nature of God ... what could be injected for immunity?

Leaves a lot of people in a spot believing they're missing something ... as ole vacancy that should be cut out?

If you cut out something that is vacant ... does this add up like 2 negatives?

Sounds to me like something that isn't (manifestation) that should be maas'd with ... superfluously of course!

NOSH-ite a colon IHC Tomie? The things a doctor needs to know to recall crap about medicine ... then a body is full of it ... the need to be play'n with doctrine ... at least looking intuit!

My husband works at a health food store. While I totally respect a lot of the information they share, and know they are backed by good research I disagree with their stance on vaccines. My husband and I have agreed to disagree. When I say that Dr Wakefield acknowledged that his studies were fudged, my husband shakes his head and disagrees. Maybe one day I will be able to ask about the information he has. Apparently they have another explanation for the resurgence of diseases like measles.

Most of the major western countries in the world have a vaccine damage compensation plan to compensate individuals that are vaccine damaged. Canada is the only Group of Eight country, other than Russia, that has not created a vaccine damage compensation program. The US has paid out over a billion dollars in claims for vaccine damage, and recently the Italian courts awarded damage to a family who child developed autism from vaccinations. This would suggest that there is substantive evidence that vaccines cause damage and this damage is much more than “imaginary”.

Canadian parents cannot be forced to have their children vaccinated. Even when vaccine laws exist for entry into public schools (as in Ontario, Manitoba, and New Brunswick), exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, and philosophical reasons. VRAN’s website, http://vran.org, headlined “Your Child. Your Choice. Your Future”, is Canada’s only national independent online source of vaccine information; its excellent science-based articles have helped many parents in their struggle to make wise vaccine decisions. (VRAN is a volunteer-managed organization. For more info, email: info@vran.org, or call 1-250-355-2525)

I understand that kids, immune compromised and vulnerable people can die from the flu and why the shot is important - then again the strain we've been reading about has killed healthy teens and young adults - why? Has the virus mutated into one that targets healthy people to infect and hit hard now because the weaker people have immunity?

And isn't someone who gets the flu and is sick for a week just as immune as someone who gets a shot that covers that strain but just as vulnerable to the next new strain that hasn't even showed up yet? It's a bit of a guessing game, isn't it? It's not the panacea to achieve herd immunity because there's always the next season's virus that can't be predicted accurately.

Last edited:
NOSH-ite a colon IHC Tomie? The things a doctor needs to know to recall crap about medicine ... then a body is full of it ... the need to be play'n with doctrine ... at least looking intuit!

Bodies are orthogonal full of crap - crap that noise of via kiss is in three. We talking bactrian, gems, parasites, ad other microscopic mistress that give popping codification like the maelstrom.

Rite onan ... an -ism, or belief to some that can't get over being wrong most of the time for our religious stance on wisdom and the ideal lack of it. After all God said the tree of knowledge is evil ... even though Proverbs states that learning is a pain ... the only way to put a thought in a numbi ( the "i" of the num-bi-nous?) What's a Nous? An ancient psyche!

Bodies are orthogonal full of crap - crap that noise of via kiss is in three. We talking bactrian, gems, parasites, ad other microscopic mistress that give popping codification like the maelstrom.

But who would know that when focussed on presents alone ... presence of the's elf? Some say theis, or thy's ... at least one should know some alien tongues (word) to push onward in the way of the ancient psyche ... but alas many people believe intellect is out of the picture thus thinking is heaven to some and 'eLLe to others as it is just beyond M ... like a root mean square of bacterium and bacchus-like character celebrating life by communicating the past silently in satyr like poetics ... because real folk don't like to hear how violent the hard set ones are! The truth thus requires being obscure ... like a myth. Real people tend to eliminations of myths ... and thus the myth of soul is beyond us by means of excesses ... desire to be an unthinking lo uvre? Hanging about just below the surface as a thorn in that side?

Is God dangerous when unassociated with a thinking deviate across time? Even King James declared that Hebrew was devious ... possibly a very ambiguous base for metaphor-ism ... a literary device? Thus a one can avoid true lyres and associate with truism that's up there ... if you look at the bottom side of unlikely gods created by men who demand heros and martyr-ism. The lofty subtle truism is known as altruism ... but it could flip if too proud of ID's elf ... the wee part! As the Celt would say wee gobs heit!

Back