Privacy of photos??

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Just a point - Right now (not counting my current post) the last 28 posts (out of 40) on this thread have not been about "Privacy of Photos" but have been about Jae and his accusations. Fascinating.

Actually, all council members who have posted so far, have seen that post as an accusation, Jae.

Nice try, though, to antagonize Tabitha.

I am curious, do you have the same passive-aggressive approach in real life?
Do you have the same paranoia?

Is this only a pattern on wondercafe?

And the insults from Pinga just keep on flowing. I wonder how often Tabitha has sought to antagonize me here on Wondercafe2 Pinga. You never seem to comment on that. Not that I'm saying that my goal was to antagonize her here.

Just a point - Right now (not counting my current post) the last 28 posts (out of 40) on this thread have not been about "Privacy of Photos" but have been about Jae and his accusations. Fascinating.

The way I see it revsdd, the thread was going to go back on track (if indeed it had gotten off) until Tabitha chose to ask me a question about whether or not I was about to offer an apology to the Council. That's when the conversation got rolling again off the topic of photos.

Generally I find that good, honest, trustworthy, reliable people tend to trust others.
People who are not always honest or trustworthy tend to be suspicious of the motives and actions of others, generally to their peril.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Just automatically, right away they trust others eh Seeler. That hasn't been what I've noticed in life. Generally, I'd say that it always takes people a while before they begin to trust others. And I'd also say that not everyone is entirely trustworthy. If someone continually is biased against me, should I trust them?

And yet you stay.
Perhaps reflection on what it is about your posts that result in numerous notices from Council is a more mature response jae. Instead of using this as an opportunity to grow, you cast aspersions on others. Wonder what God's up to in such a scenario.

I feel to a great deal Carolla, that many here on WC2 have simply made me the site's scapegoat. They love to hurl insults at me. allegations against me, etc. I really find it pretty sad to tell you the truth.

I feel to a great deal Carolla, that many here on WC2 have simply made me the site's scapegoat. They love to hurl insults at me. allegations against me, etc. I really find it pretty sad to tell you the truth.
You've missed my point.

Jae said:
Just out of curiosity, eh John. Really.

Yes. Really. Having been one of the Moderators myself I know what my policy and practice has been with respect to reports. I don't recall talking much about it with the others over my tenure. There is a mechanism which moderators can see that a report has been generated and which moderator took responsibility for dealing with that report and which moderator eventually closed the report. What the mechanism doesn't record is any actual contact made with anybody regarding the report. There is potential to make a notation that communication happened and it would certainly be possible to record the communication that was sent.

I know that except for exceptional circumstances I never a) contacted those who launched the report to inform them of what action I took b) never noted the dialogue I may have had with the offending individual or the reporting individual and c) never shared with the Council the content of communication.

There are some times when I did report either to the individual who filed the report or the individual who was the subject of the report And only one issue where I was part of a Council Discussion or just a moderator discussion to discuss next steps.

Jae said:
Let me tell you what I notice John - I receive continual notices from the Council against me while meanwhile the reports that I send in (which I feel are certainly valid) are most-often rejected.

Thank you for sharing that. If that has been so from the beginning it is not something that was discussed by the Moderators during my tenure. I certainly do not recall any saying that they were dealing with a report involving you as the plaintiff or the defense. I can see in my conversations me contacting another member after a complaint that you had made. I can also see in my conversations that I informed you when the Moderators had discussed the report.

What I have not kept track of is the number of times we dismissed reports made by you or against you.

I can say that all things considered more reports are generated that Moderators reject with very little discussion amongst themselves or with parties involved than are actually considered significant and acted upon.

If memory serves there was no one here who tends to generate winning complaints nor was there anyone here who has complaints made against them stand more often than they are rejected. Save for Stephen Booth who periodically manages to sneak in before getting the heave-ho. That included you. If anything has changed since I rotated off the Council I am not aware of it nor would I expect to be aware of it.

I will also share, without divulging any detail, that there were several occasions where I contacted other members of the Council and advised them that I thought their interaction with other members of the Wondercafe2 Community needed to be reigned in somewhat.

Jae said:
Add to that insults frequently thrown at me on the forums by certain Council members. I'm not going to name any names, but there are a few Council members who I feel I can never again in good conscience vote in favor of being on the Council. I feel they have been unfair and, yes, even malicious towards me.

It doesn't surprise me that you would feel that way. To be perfectly candid you are a perpetual source of frustration to many here and the way you feel you have been treated is echoed in the ways others feel you have treated them.

Not really sure how to resolve that issue at this point in time primarily because I am not convinced it is an issue anybody actually is willing to commit to resolving. You are one of the most incendiary members of any forum I have ever participated in. I can say without hesitation if I read a post that causes my jaw to drop it is usually one that you have made. I know that I have at least twice contacted you to say that I thought you were making a tremendous mistake and you needed to seriously rethink where you were going. That is not evidence that anyone is out to get you.

I doubt you and I would ever be friends.

I really don't admire many of the games you play with other posters here. That doesn't mean that I never took a report generated by you or even about you with any casualness. And yes, many times I rejected the report. If there was a box I could check off for petty complaint I am sure most I dealt with generated by you and most generated because of you would have landed in that category. Which is why I tended not to communicate with you that I had deleted a report about you or communicate with you that I was rejecting your complaint.

Why? That is a fair question and this is my answer. Because I am not going to get into a discussion with you or others about you about why I made the decision I did. I don't owe that to you or any who have ever complained about you.

When I felt a complaint was warranted I took action and I talked to those involved. When I felt a complaint was not warranted I closed the report saying no action taken or whatever the equivalent option is. The role of the referee is not to debate a call with the players it is to make a call. Hopefully the right call is made. There are review and there are appeals. We dealt with that at least once while I was on the Council. Takes a lot of time and energy getting everyone together for those discussions.

Still for all of that you have never been banned? Have you had a post censored? Have you had a post deleted?

Again, I am curious, I know that in the three years I served on the Council I deleted spam, tons of spam, most of it before any reports were generated about it. I only ever deleted one post/thread and it was by request of the individual who posted it.

To continue being candid I don't think you get a lot of respect here. I honestly can't understand why you believe you have earned much. It is true that you are not perpetually offensive. It is not true that you are not constantly offending. I will also say this one of your biggest defenders here who is also not much of a fan of yours recently gave up on you. You can fault them for their lack of patience if you like, you need to own that you tested it to the breaking point and that doesn't win you anything positive.

You are back early from your self-imposed exile. You appear to be picking up right where you left off. I don't think you are going to find the pay-off from such a strategy all that worthwhile.

Jae screwed up...but stop dog piling. That is a problem around here. Not everybody has to jump in and have a kick at the can. And the whole "I am personally offended that you would accuse me", in purple, in my opinion, is unprofessional. And the comment was made that council is all for one, one for all. When you insult one council member you insult them all. Give me a break. Insulted? Really? It's the same antics he always does? How can you be insulted? Annoyed, sure. Insulted? I call bs. Jae screwed up in his usual way, and, yet, the reaction by several piling on, is screwed up.

Last edited:
Kimmio said:
I broke down in tears when I read this. How necessary were these words? Does that help?

Just because you cried doesn't obligate me to explain why I said what I said.

I felt that they were an honest estimation of the state of the relationship. It doesn't mean that I hate him or that I will go out of my way to harm him.

Might I be so bold as to suggest the discussion has accomplished what the OP wanted to discuss and we could let the thread die?
Oh yes, we were discussing an actual topic at one point on this thread.

For a few minutes there I had forgotten what the topic was. :)

Generally I find that good, honest, trustworthy, reliable people tend to trust others.
People who are not always honest or trustworthy tend to be suspicious of the motives and actions of others, generally to their peril.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
Generally I find that people with trust issues have been hurt by plenty of others in their lives. Ever seen a rescued dog that was kicked around? They tend to have behavioural issues and a hard time trusting. People are not a whole lot different that way.

Yes just a reminder to all that WC2 is an open site and anything posted here-words or photos can be lifted and sent anywhere on the internet.

Yes just a reminder to all that WC2 is an open site and anything posted here-words or photos can be lifted and sent anywhere on the internet.
At least in this case, it seemed to do what is appropriate. It attributed back to the photo to here and you. Who knows, maybe some new quilters will check us out!

Generally I find that people with trust issues have been hurt by plenty of others in their lives. Ever seen a rescued dog that was kicked around? They tend to have behavioural issues and a hard time trusting. People are not a whole lot different that way.
This might be an interesting topic for Relationships. What is trust? How do we decide to trust others? Is it possible to be too trusting? Etc. etc.

And the insults from Pinga just keep on flowing. I wonder how often Tabitha has sought to antagonize me here on Wondercafe2 Pinga. You never seem to comment on that. Not that I'm saying that my goal was to antagonize her here.
I've seen insults and snarky remarks lobbed at you unprovoked. I have seen Tabitha and others do it. I never flagged the posts so I can't prove it. They are somewhere in room for all probably.

What I wonder is why you do often provoke. And I somewhat understand your mistrust. It's not from being banned but from feeling attacked. Yet, you do your share of provoking reactions (you pissed me off royally recently). Then people stop being concerned whether they are being fair to you or not. Not that that's ideal. I just think that's what happens. Then, of course, around here once you're in the doghouse you have to earn your way out. People tend to hold grudges. Again, not ideal, and I don't think it's a Christian virtue, but that's the way WC2 is.

Back