Post-upgrade questions

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The whistling with music notes was good because we could use it for quoting songs for fun, or for “I’m gonna act like I didn’t just say that.” Sometimes I can’t find the right combo of emojis to get it across. I would write with no emojis but there are times it’d be misinterpreted.

:)

:whistle: is the current whistle emoji.

They have changed how emojis work, which is why the default set changed. I have been contemplating hunting up more, but the last time this came up for discussion, I was given the impression we had enough so haven't delved too deeply into how the new emoji management works. We shall see how the long weekend shapes up. If it is nice, I will likely be biking and doing yard work. If not, then maybe I will do some WC2 work like this.

:whistle: is the current whistle emoji.

They have changed how emojis work, which is why the default set changed. I have been contemplating hunting up more, but the last time this came up for discussion, I was given the impression we had enough so haven't delved too deeply into how the new emoji management works. We shall see how the long weekend shapes up. If it is nice, I will likely be biking and doing yard work. If not, then maybe I will do some WC2 work like this.
Thanks. If it’s not easy to do, don’t worry about it. Also...maybe if there was a way it could recognize our own emojis that would be even better.

:whistle: Isn’t as good as the one with music notes...because that one was also good for indicating music notes, rather than just “I said that but I’m going to pretend otherwise on purpose.”

:)

I miss the blogs.

There are some add-ons for that capability. None of them are free so I would want to see some widespread demand. I don't want to drop money on a feature and then have it not be used.

There are some add-ons for that capability. None of them are free so I would want to see some widespread demand. I don't want to drop money on a feature and then have it not be used.
Oh I didn't realize that.....it wasnt used so much on the old Wondercafe....so maybe not a good idea then

Oh I didn't realize that.....it wasnt used so much on the old Wondercafe....so maybe not a good idea then
I think we have said before, that people are welcome to share blogs here.
They can be put in a signature, or we could have a thread where people could post a link for a new blog post, etc.

You can even, technically, have a forum where only the thread initiator can post in a thread, creating a kind of blog. It would be a bit half-arsed compared to a true blog solution, but would fill the bill with minimal cost and effort.

You can even, technically, have a forum where only the thread initiator can post in a thread, creating a kind of blog. It would be a bit half-arsed compared to a true blog solution, but would fill the bill with minimal cost and effort.

I'm hitting some technical glitches with this idea. Still fiddling with it in Dev but I'm not sure I can get it work the way I thought. And there is actually a dearth of blog add-ons for Xenforo 2 at the moment, unless we want to keep the blogs on a Wordpress site and integrate them with Xenforo. But that could get expensive since the best add-on for integrating WP with Xenforo is US$100. There's a blog add-on for US$15 but the developer is being a bit obstinate about providing a good demo to show how it works and I'm not seeing much positive buzz about it.

My password is usually not visible when I've timed out and have to type it again (it quickly gets replaced by dots). This time it was. I had to manually turn "visible" off. I'd never had that happen here before. Has something changed?

My password is usually not visible when I've timed out and have to type it again (it quickly gets replaced by dots). This time it was. I had to manually turn "visible" off. I'd never had that happen here before. Has something changed?

They added a "show password", which is fairly standard in web applications now, in one of the updates I think. I've noticed it, too. Just need to be careful to only use it when you're sure it's safe to do so.

Back