Coding Basics

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Just had a look at those BB codes. AHA! Now I know the secret of the Spoiler Alert . . . always wondered how this one was done.

Just had a look at those BB codes. AHA! Now I know the secret of the Spoiler Alert . . . always wondered how this one was done.
Rich text editor works too. It's in the little icon that looks like a newspaper, hovering says insert. Strike-through is also listed there.

Rich text editor works too. It's in the little icon that looks like a newspaper, hovering says insert. Strike-through is also listed there.
Can't say I have ever seen a little hovering newspaper icon. But I have been known to miss things.

I don't access the internet with a phone . . . could this be the reason I don't see it?

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, I see it now. Does this rich text editor give us a different way of doing things? Or just a different way to access them?

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, I see it now. Does this rich text editor give us a different way of doing things? Or just a different way to access them?

Makes it easier. You can highlight a line of text and then choose Strike-Through from the menu and it will add the tags automatically.

Way easier. I make typos when trying to type in the code myself. Plus I don't know many of the codes off the top of my head.

trying another way to strike out text

Thanks! This was much easier than using the codes.
I'd not known about that either! We old ladies are getting up to speed just before they do the upgrade & change everything LOL! That's what usually happens to me!

I'd not known about that either! We old ladies are getting up to speed just before they do the upgrade & change everything LOL! That's what usually happens to me!

Actually, I don't think the editor itself changes that much. I am on Xenforo's inhouse forums for doing research and getting support and they run the latest version (natch). The editor looks pretty much the same save for a couple buttons that I think are from add-ons that they use rather than the new version.

The code for the multi quotes should be the same. The will just be a button similar to reply (would need to go read it again, it's been a while I think it says multiquote or quote or something like that) to give a clickable option.

Back