WonderMail 2

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I'm confused. Can myself and you only see this? If so where are the forums that you have conversation?

This is in forums. Discussion is probably a better term to use for the forums, just to avoid confusion. I have sent you conversations though, and you have responded. Conversations are found by clicking Inbox on the top right hand corner. People can be added to a conversation if the person who started the conversation allows it. For example, I added Mendalla to the conversation about spelling and chrome.

I checked, and you started the most recent conversation between us!

My questions about the converstations, chemgal . . . if I send someone a "conversation" there is an option to "invite" someone else. What if I want my conversation to be private but the receiver wants to invite someone to join and I don't want to?

If you initiate a conversation, there is an option to let others invite people (a checkbox). I'm not sure if this can be changed once the conversation is initiated. Haven't tried yet.

So if you send someone a message through conversation it can't be viewed by someone after the fact? What I liked about the Wondermail was that I felt it was private . . . and I hope the conversation feature is too.

Exactly. It can only be viewed by you and the recipient(s). If you leave the option to add recipients open, then either party could bring more people in but it would still only be visible to those people. Technically, an admin (but not a mod) could access it but we've specified in the Code that this will only be used if a user requests it because of a conversation message that violates the Code.

Crazyheart, I am not sure about what you said in the old wondermail.

I think you could add folks to an email thread. Doing a check.

This tool definitely has the ability for you to make something stay private.

It can't be changed once a conversation is started. Either the OP checks the box, or they don't. If you're concerned about it the best way to handle it is start a new conversation where you can check the box yourself.

* Edit, yes Pinga is right. Start a new conversation and then keep that box UNCHECKED yourself.

Last edited:
Chemgal, I think you mean the reverse.

You want to take the default. Ensure it is not checked.

Bascially,
If you start a conversation and check the second box -- you have the equivalent of an announcement. -- no one can respond to you.
If you start a conversation and check the first box -- it is for items you don't mind being passed on
If you start a conversation and leave both boxes unchecked, then no one can add anyone. It is between you & the person you sent it to

Note: wondercafe had the ability to add folks throughout a wondermail.

EDITTED: Mendalla pointed out that I had first and second backwards in the above, so have fixed it, just to ensure no one reads it and accepts it as it is.

Last edited:
You're right, Pinga, except you have the order wrong. Permission to invite other to the conversation is first, then Lock Conversation.

Back