Unscented

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Appearance-wise my hair is dark. Health wise between the skin issues and breathing issues I doubt it would be good for me. I'm often rubbing oil into my scalp as it is.
That's understandable. If you ever try some, whatever you do, avoid Dove! It's smells awful - sickly sweet floral, very strong. It gave me an immediate sinus headache and I felt sick to my stomach - and normally, I don't "like" strong scents but they don't make me feel ill like that unless they are noxious cleaning products (disinfectants, bleach bother me) or some actual perfumes/ colognes. Even thinking about it makes me queasy, that's how powerful it was. Scented hair products are usually more bearable, not so overwhelming.

Last edited:
Friends of mine (husband and wife) gave me a nice set of Axe Dark Temptation products for my birthday on January 1 this year. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash, and spray. I've been wearing the scent since and I must say, I smell fantastic.

Echoes, egos of trump-ET all about him everything being fantastic ... not from our back row! Brain farts are stinking thoughts from way out here even ...

I make my own dry shampoo, although I don't find I have to use it very often. I only wash my hair once a week, and like chemgal, have to add a couple of squirts of argan oil after I've washed it. I keep it on hand for the dog and my daughter more than anything. Just baking soda, cornstarch and a drop or two of essential oil.

Speaking of oil... Maybe this is strange, but... I bought a small bottle, good deal, of Cetaphil unscented moisturizing lotion. It works well. One of the main ingredients is macadamia nut oil. One day I ran out of conditioner and put some of this body lotion on my hair after I blow dried, to get rid of the rough frizzies. Best leave in conditioner/ defrizzer ever! My hair was very soft and smooth - not heavy or greasy. Used about a quarter size (I have longish hair). Zero scent in Cetaphil lotion.

Back