Issues using Wondercafe2 on mobile

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

This new upgrade works lousy on my iPhone, when you go to type a response, there is only about 5/8” window on the screen of what you are typing and after typing five lines, what you are typing disappears. I am testing it now and now I can no longer see what I am typing. Also have trouble navigating to where I used to go to watch for new content. And because it is so annoying, I spend less time here.

This new upgrade works lousy on my iPhone, when you go to type a response, there is only about 5/8” window on the screen of what you are typing and after typing five lines, what you are typing disappears. I am testing it now and now I can no longer see what I am typing. Also have trouble navigating to where I used to go to watch for new content. And because it is so annoying, I spend less time here.

What generation of iPhone? I can see if there's any tips over on the Xenforo site. My Android is fine but it's fairly new and has a good-sized screen (Galaxy S9).

What generation of iPhone? I can see if there's any tips over on the Xenforo site. My Android is fine but it's fairly new and has a good-sized screen (Galaxy S9).

im having issues as well, even with my phone and chrome browser, but not to drail paradox3 Luke thread maybe you can open up a technical issues thread for everyone

Let's just put a pause on the phone discussion. After lunch, I'll start a thread in Tips & Techniques to discuss and move the posts there.

@Pontifex Geronimo 13 @blackbelt1961 , I've moved everything to this thread. I'll do some nosing.

I get what you're saying about the keyboard editing issue. I get the same thing. Just doesn't bother me as much. Using a smaller keyboard (e.g. on Android, GBoard with the number row turned off) does help but I'll look at Xenforo Community over the weekend and see if others have found solutions or tips. In the end, it's hard to perfectly translate something written for a desktop browser to mobile, but Xenforo has actually done a better job than a lot (vBulletin, their main competitor, used to be terrible on mobile). That doesn't mean it's perfect, though.

@Pontifex Geronimo 13 @blackbelt1961 , I've moved everything to this thread. I'll do some nosing.

I get what you're saying about the keyboard editing issue. I get the same thing. Just doesn't bother me as much. Using a smaller keyboard (e.g. on Android, GBoard with the number row turned off) does help but I'll look at Xenforo Community over the weekend and see if others have found solutions or tips. In the end, it's hard to perfectly translate something written for a desktop browser to mobile, but Xenforo has actually done a better job than a lot (vBulletin, their main competitor, used to be terrible on mobile). That doesn't mean it's perfect, though.
On the old site, I would just touch on members and then latest activity, and then I could see what is going on. There is no latest activity button anymore.

And why are latest posts different from latest activity? It always was, but what’s the difference.

On the old site, I would just touch on members and then latest activity, and then I could see what is going on. There is no latest activity button anymore.

And why are latest posts different from latest activity? It always was, but what’s the difference.
Latest activity includes everything - profile posts, forum posts, and reactions.

I used to also rely on alerts to tell me when someone has posted on a thread I had been posting on. Now often I get an alert, only to find there is not just another post, but six pages of posts I missed.

I’m probably just getting old.

I used to also rely on alerts to tell me when someone has posted on a thread I had been posting on. Now often I get an alert, only to find there is not just another post, but six pages of posts I missed.

I’m probably just getting old.
Might need to check your settings - what threads you're watching and if you're getting alerts for those. That worked fine for the upgrade for me, but I picked specific areas, I don't generally watch threads because I've posted in them.

so on my chrome browser only when im quoting to respond to someone's post, the entire page flickers as i type, so I tried to use explorer its stable , chrome is not

Back