Are You Prepared For The Coming Economic Collapse ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I've been going out and about somewhere (fairly close-by which isn't a lot different from before. I leave the vacinity less often but everything I need is close anyway), usually everyday - but with my mask on. There was a bit of a cool breeze riding home this evening, so it kept my face - and the rest of me by extension - a bit warmer.

This is EDITED, and it's PROPAGANDA. The signage in the scene was altered to refer to coronavirus and Bill Gates.

The movie is about government lies and media propaganda - being spread by elite aliens who only appear to be human. It's a similar theme as has been adopted by Qanon conspiracy theorists. The movie got criticism for being antisemetic back then (talking about a "race" of elites is a typical antisemetic trope). Qanon, considering the base is mixed up with White Supremacists, is similarly antisemetic. 'Tis they who are tangled up in and perpetuating high level misinformation. Things like that video. There are now people who believe that video is real.

Last edited:
This is EDITED, and it's PROPAGANDA. The signage in the scene was altered to refer to coronavirus and Bill Gates.
Duh ... I think that was the point ... it is a remix and was presented as such.
John Carpenter's 1988 opus They Live is still a scathing indictment of capitalism and the culture of greed masquerading as a B movie about invading aliens. It stars professional wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper as a homeless laborer whose world is turned upside down when he finds a box of special sunglasses that allow the wearer to see the truth about subliminal messaging forcing humanity to OBEY. It’s one of Carpenter's greatest films.

I think Minority Report was a much better made film with a similar theme, along with many other films that were better made about similar themes. The oppressor and the oppressed - and the oppressed figuring out the oppressor's sinister plot, is a universal theme. Regardless of whether it's scifi or a political thriller, horror, or historical fiction.

There's one president I can think of today who would get his ideas directly from Hollywood entertainment (and a wrestler), and encourage his base to do the same - and it's not any of the previous ones. It's the current one. He's the head of the deepest state of misinformation and corruption at the moment. And it's like a mafia movie mixed in with some dystopian b movie sci fi.

That reminds me. I would encourage people to give this a listen all the way through while you're washing dishes or something. It's quite prophetic (or it's just a case of "Here we go again...what else is new, except that this time it's gonna be an extra bad time for us")? Marginalized communities know the feeling well. This was recorded 40 years ago...and people knew then what they know now, but the mainstream (white middle class "Christians") didn't listen.

Last edited:
I think Minority Report was a much better made film with a similar theme, along with many other films that were better made about similar themes. The oppressor and the oppressed - and the oppressed figuring out the oppressor's sinister plot, is a universal theme. Regardless of whether it's scifi or a political thriller, horror, or historical fiction.

There's one president I can think of today who would get his ideas directly from Hollywood entertainment (and a wrestler), and encourage his base to do the same - and it's not any of the previous ones. It's the current one. He's the head of the deepest state of misinformation and corruption at the moment. And it's like a mafia movie mixed in with some dystopian b movie sci fi.

That reminds me. I would encourage people to give this a listen all the way through while you're washing dishes or something. It's quite prophetic (or it's just a case of "Here we go again...what else is new, except that this time it's gonna be an extra bad time for us")? Marginalized communities know the feeling well. This was recorded 40 years ago...and people knew then what they know now, but the mainstream (white middle class "Christians") didn't listen.

Word

Phil K Dick was a great writer. In fact prolly the best American SF writer. Minority Report I found 2 b a good attempt at his work. Its funny (not ha ha) that some of those things in the movie r here already...like Predictive Policing *shudder*

Everything that we r experiencing has already been written aboot sometime by SF writers. A-women to them.

US people are waking up. Who do you think is doinh most of the demonstrations and riots down South? Rich white people. Most of BIPOC are being smart and dont want 2 get sick or get others sick.

We r experiencing big H history.

(I do wish they would stop hurting innocent and relatively powerless people like store owners and old ladies and go after real power-- White House, Langley, Pentagon etc. Thatz a critical theory I could get behind)

Thanks for the vid.

Btw I believe the counterculture won. We are the majority now. People like Bush are the minority. They have had to adopt countercultural ideas to survive (like memes, the occult, postmodernism, surrealism, psychedelia).

We are overcoming.

In ancient times serfs had no power. But they could have "power" over their landowners. It was called magic. It is a great leveller. Our culturez controllers (the ones who critical theorists etc raiming at) denies magic for obvious reasons. They want all thw power and give us enough power not to bother them and they set us against each other during times like these so we are inneffective. Intersectionality includes all of us oppressed. We should b challenging them not each other. Not poor against poor.

This big H heen a...positive effect of sars-cov-2. I dont know if this woulda happened without it. Historically, crazy outrageous things happen during pandemics.

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

So nearly 2 years later

Anyone change their mind?

Why? Capitalism, which is basically our world-wide economic system, is predicated on infinite growth. Our planet is a limiting factor, being finite.

We will always have "crashes", and some will be worse than others.

An instructive book on how to get out of this mess is Picketty's "Capitalism in the 21st Century".

There are already food shortages across the pond and with the storms and , yes, the greed, they will come here.
Not likely a long way off. Remember the storms in Texas? The power outages cause heat problems but more
many fell through the cracks.

Churches need to be planning how to keep people connected as it revs up. I am not sure how much of a warning we'll get ahead of it.
We really do need to make sure gouging doesn't happen either. After the fact won't be very helpful.

If we have groups of churches working together that is a good ground work to be sure there is as much equity as possible.
This summer Community Gardens will be especially helpful.

I was a Girl Guide and we had the same motto as the Scouts: Be Prepared. Basic foods and water, water, water.
This would be one time I would support bottled water. Firefighters, emergencies, and some countries where their
water is not safe to drink. And you open it yourself I hear from travelers.
Let's make sure people alone, on the streets, or living alone, have emergency supplies and kits.

Oh God, help us to share equitably.

Blessings all....

Why? Capitalism, which is basically our world-wide economic system, is predicated on infinite growth. Our planet is a limiting factor, being finite.

We will always have "crashes", and some will be worse than others.

An instructive book on how to get out of this mess is Picketty's "Capitalism in the 21st Century".

Thus the creation and conception of the out-there crowd ... those characters that are beyond me!

I know of people that believe they know what is unbelievable for unknown reason!

Dan Dennet speaks of this in the unstable chaos of life where there is conflict between those that believe in everything (god's) and those that believe that there are those that believe the are folks that believe in the great unseen ... something yet to observe if you expect more to come as the staged life is propped up! This is reactions to depression and part of the Lazarus Syndrome.

It is how things come up in the mind of people that have tried to eliminate such senses ... a form of mind control attributed to avarice!

If you live in a nuthouse strange things become communicable ... don't you think? Thus conclusions to give rest from the darker side ... farce ide is like Iron Curtains ... separating what lies on the other side ...

Like life is an odd thing ... really given the rarity a thin thing to find in all the perambulation! Then there is the fixed word ... said not to be living and thus the word is dead?

Given the ungodly words, is this divine of schizophrenia of being agora ... and in the open like estre-was? Thus the fear of rye botty ... a strong kilted spirit in a hard land ... blarney? Resembles Joseph in the land of imagination ... muse in about getting out ... a dark abstract?

In the end the mule carries through and the divide closes ... Bung! Just like that everything closes down ... t used to happen like that and now we don't have time to think about being rational due to the fear of commonwealth getting out there in some kind of sick joke --- the constant trickster of the cosmos! Creating mystery about how to resolve this fabrication ...

The virtue is ... we discover we just don't know that much! Happens when you follow some leaders that appreciate the blinding of mind ... by removing the sol at the foot of a booty! It all has to end ... so another myth can be encountered as out-there (relates to the last verse of Gospel of John in the nature of Jainism ... believing that Jai (I) is in place watching, silently and unseen ... mental parts are like that ... indisposed to clarity ... processing! Thus sloe Jennies ... sacred mules?

Last edited:
There are already food shortages across the pond and with the storms and , yes, the greed, they will come here.
Not likely a long way off. Remember the storms in Texas? The power outages cause heat problems but more
many fell through the cracks.

Churches need to be planning how to keep people connected as it revs up. I am not sure how much of a warning we'll get ahead of it.
We really do need to make sure gouging doesn't happen either. After the fact won't be very helpful.

If we have groups of churches working together that is a good ground work to be sure there is as much equity as possible.
This summer Community Gardens will be especially helpful.

I was a Girl Guide and we had the same motto as the Scouts: Be Prepared. Basic foods and water, water, water.
This would be one time I would support bottled water. Firefighters, emergencies, and some countries where their
water is not safe to drink. And you open it yourself I hear from travelers.
Let's make sure people alone, on the streets, or living alone, have emergency supplies and kits.

Oh God, help us to share equitably.

Blessings all....

Yes the Eire is getting thin as the Pigs at the Heavenly Trough breath deeply and hold until it stinks ... the flat out version lies ... with a bit of a curve or swerve the mother essence moves on ... into the night! Expect something to rise in reaction ... it is nature thoroughly denied and mostly overharvested! Folk that are stuck always argue about balance or not to balance the natural state ... thus supernatural belief in artificial thoughts ... based on desire alone ...

It may be my loss of balance by looking deeply at what appears by industrial production of ADs that are way overhead! Thus alleles diviners and hair splitting Jennies ...

There's more to transmutation that appears straight forward ... life being a tangled path O' logic ...

Why? Because it is dangerous (particular to blind leaders) to have common logic!

Last edited:
Back